Brett Greenwood fundraiser

PJHawk

houghtlin-lolo-rez.jpg

This is the drawing that Sean Thompson is auctioning to benefit the family of former Hawkeye Brett Greenwood, who suffered a heart attack Sept. 9. He remains in recovery at a facility in Ankeny. (Sean Thompson)

It’s an auction of a hand-drawn picture moments before “the kick.â€￾ I don’t have to tell you which one.

Here’s what made me donate the time and the blog — 100 percent of the profits will go to the Greenwoods.

100 percent for the Greenwoods | TheGazette

So you pay for the dinner and if you are interested the art, and proceeds from that go to Greenwood?

houghtlin-lolo-rez.jpg

This is the drawing that Sean Thompson is auctioning to benefit the family of former Hawkeye Brett Greenwood, who suffered a heart attack Sept. 9. He remains in recovery at a facility in Ankeny. (Sean Thompson)

It’s an auction of a hand-drawn picture moments before “the kick.â€￾ I don’t have to tell you which one.

Here’s what made me donate the time and the blog — 100 percent of the profits will go to the Greenwoods.

100 percent for the Greenwoods | TheGazette

Very nice painting.

Any updates on Brett's condition? I haven't heard anything for a while.

A sculpture of this would be my vote for the new Cy-Hawk trophy. I'm not sure how that would go over in Ames. Seriously though, that's an awesome piece of art for a good cause. I didn't know Greenwood had been moved to a facility in Ankeny. Surely, there must be some improvement then I assume.

wow, i thought it was a painting too. Notice the pony's! Man, I thought those were cool. We were the only ones (that I knew of) wearing them, set us apart. Lets bring them back. Got to give it up for Hayden, the pony's, ANF, standing tight ends, pretty cool. We were unique.

high top pony's baby. I knew every Saturday, the pony's were coming out. Don't mess with the pony's or our stand up TE's. We are ANF beeeoches

now, saying this, I do not know of what facility he is in, but I do know there is a place in Ankeny that deals with brain injured patients in a rehab setting. I have spent some time there when I was in college (as a student). People there were of all levels of injuries, so it is hard to say for certain what his condition would be.

I'm still not totally convinced that isn't a photograph. Incredible.

Reading the story the artist wrote, it ocurred to me that my allergies have been acting up lately.

now, saying this, I do not know of what facility he is in, but I do know there is a place in Ankeny that deals with brain injured patients in a rehab setting. I have spent some time there when I was in college (as a student). People there were of all levels of injuries, so it is hard to say for certain what his condition would be.

It's encouraging to hear he's rehabbing anyway, whatever the level of function may be. This facility in Ankeny must be pretty good. Otherwise, I'd think his family would rather have him a little closer to home (QC area right?). I think this art is a great idea but how about a limited run of signed prints more of us could afford?

Latest posts