Brent Metcalf twitter today..

Not cool by any means. That's a... apparently I can't use the "d" word. But it's a d-***/plastic or paper container - move. Iowa wrestling is good, but no one watches it. Iowa bball only has to be mediocre to masacre wrestling. I'm glad our wrestling team does well. But they are not a profit sport or even a popular sport.

People do realize that is not actually Brent Metcalf, right? I keep seeing that Twitter account quoted, and it seems a lot of people don't get that it's a joke. Which is why it's usually funny, of course . . .

Ghost....I have a friend that can make this happen. PM me and I'll schedule a date. We'll sell tickets and give the money away to Iowa for financial support for our new coach. I'm positive many on HawkeyeNation will pay at least $50 per ticket.

People do realize that is not actually Brent Metcalf, right? I keep seeing that Twitter account quoted, and it seems a lot of people don't get that it's a joke. Which is why it's usually funny, of course . . .

it seems they dont....its not the real Metcalf folks

Not cool by any means. That's a... apparently I can't use the "d" word. But it's a d-***/plastic or paper container - move. Iowa wrestling is good, but no one watches it. Iowa bball only has to be mediocre to masacre wrestling. I'm glad our wrestling team does well. But they are not a profit sport or even a popular sport.

It really isn't Metcalf so relax, someone set up an account after last years nationals using his name.

And the wrestling team did outdraw the basketball team this year, so they are more popular and lost less money.

wambulance.jpg

So you are trying to tell me that someone could pretend to be someone else on the internet, and do so on purpose? I don't buy it.

It really isn't Metcalf so relax, someone set up an account after last years nationals using his name.

And the wrestling team did outdraw the basketball team this year, so they are more popular and lost less money.

I guess I was had. I don't follow these folks online that closely. It's a telling fact if the wrestling team is making more money than the basketball team. Football is always going to be the bread winner. But baskeball can rock out as well.

I guess I was had. I don't follow these folks online that closely. It's a telling fact if the wrestling team is making more money than the basketball team. Football is always going to be the bread winner. But baskeball can rock out as well.

I don't know 100% sure the wrestling team is making more money, I assume since they have less cost and they had higher attendance for home duals than the basketball team did for home games that they didn't lose as much money as the basketball team.

It may be marginal to a basketball fan I guess. There are a whole lot of wrestling fans me included that would argue whether it's marginal. I know this -- regardless of what sport your allegiance lies in -- It's a program that deserves a lot of respect considering all of the National titles that they've won. Not to mention the fact that they are Hawkeyes.

Ghost....I have a friend that can make this happen. PM me and I'll schedule a date. We'll sell tickets and give the money away to Iowa for financial support for our new coach. I'm positive many on HawkeyeNation will pay at least $50 per ticket.

Since I will clearly be the main attraction, I want 60% of the gate as well as 25% of all concessions and 15% of the merchandise.

Give the money to the new coach nothing. I need the money to cover up my arm cannons, because "Turbo" and "Lazer" keep blowing up their sleeves.

Latest posts