Brent Greenwood a Steeler

SPGroth

Brent won't have to change jersey colors much. With the potential changes (Ike Taylor FA)to the Steeler Def Backfield, he might have a shot to earn a pot.

If he makes the roster he will have a chance to back up Ryan Clark. As you saw in the Super bowl he isn't much in pass coverage, but is terrific in run support and a great leader. If Greenwood makes the team Clark would be a good guy to learn from. The Steelers run a complex defense so you need a smart guy at the FS spot which benefits Greenwood.

Greenwood is in a similar boat as Tarp your way to making a roster is by special teams or making the practice squad.

Here is the Pittsburgh Post Gazette's take on Brent Greenwood.

Brett Greenwood
5-11
R
Iowa
Iowa produces hard-hitting safeties

Greenwood in Pitt's secondary doesn't seem to fit, but maybe they'll coach him how to be a "killer" back there.

My Steeler's are thin at Safety, and we are one Polamalu injury away from tanking the season...again. I was thrilled that they signed Greenwood as a UDFA. I was screaming at them to pick him up in the late rounds of the draft. Give me smart plays over big hits anyday.

I'd be shocked if he played one down in the NFL. He may be a smart player, but doesn't have the athletic ability.

Latest posts