Breakout performers legends div.

little article from 247sports.

Big Ten Legends: Breakout Players
I think football season needs expanded so all 119 div 1 teams play each other, that would be 2 games a week every week (dont be dumb & check the math)!! skew

Interesting read. Those would be the players on Iowa I would watch for too. I hope Garmon and Hill have great Freshman years. As far as playing all teams... I think that would be fun and great to watch. Unfortunately, the players have school, and injuries that occur. The more you play, the more injuries occur. Less time to recover, more likely injuries occur. In a perfect world that would be fun, but probably wouldn't work unless they played during the summer. Summer means more heat, dehydration, cramps etc. I just don't know body wise if players could handle it.

My own two cents on the subject.

Offense

Breakout Players:
Fiedorowitz
Brandan Scherff
Austin Blythe
Conner Boffeli

Significant Improvement:
James Vandenberg
Brad Rogers (hopefully gets good playing time)

Solid last year and expect the same next year:
James Ferentz

Maybe they excel maybe they don’t:
Keenan Davis
Bret Van Sloten
A True Freshman Running Back?
K. Martin – Manley
Zach Derby

Adequate?:
Matt Tobin
Damon Bullock

Defense

Breakout Players:
BJ Lowery
Nico Law
Christian Kirksey
Steve Bigach

Significant Improvement:
James Morris
Anthony Hitchens
Tanner Miller

Solid last year and expect more of the same:
Micah Hyde

Darian Cooper
Dominic Alvis (ACL)
Quinton Alston (Playing time)

Adequate?:
Greg Castillo (will get playing time)
Joe Gaglione
Riley McMinn
Mike Hardy

Notes: Not a lot of players that are seasoned and at the top of their game.
Vandenburt, Ferentz, Moris and Hyde need to lead.

I really like the players we have coming in on the offensive line. Lots of potential.
Defensive line is iffy, especially at defensive end.
Defensive back-seven look solid.
I think they’ll find enough offensive playmakers.

My own two cents on the subject.

Offense

Breakout Players:
Fiedorowitz
Brandan Scherff
Austin Blythe
Conner Boffeli

Significant Improvement:
James Vandenberg
Brad Rogers (hopefully gets good playing time)

Solid last year and expect the same next year:
James Ferentz

Keenan Davis
Bret Van Sloten
K. Martin – Manley
Zach Derby

Adequate?:
Matt Tobin
Damon Bullock

Defense

Breakout Players:
BJ Lowery
Nico Law
Christian Kirksey
Steve Bigach

Significant Improvement:
James Morris
Anthony Hitchens
Tanner Miller

Solid last year and expect more of the same:
Micah Hyde

Darian Cooper
Dominic Alvis (ACL)
Quinton Alston (Playing time)

Adequate?:
Greg Castillo (will get playing time)
Joe Gaglione
Riley McMinn
Mike Hardy

Notes: Not a lot of players that are seasoned and at the top of their game.
Vandenburt, Ferentz, Moris and Hyde need to lead.

I really like the players we have coming in on the offensive line. Lots of potential.
Defensive line is iffy, especially at defensive end.
Defensive back-seven look solid.
I think they’ll find enough offensive playmakers.

I love your breakdown right here. I agree with it almost 100%. I think Kevonte will step up. Everything I read seems to point to him doing well in camp, so I would throw him up in the solid or breakout. I think you're spot on with Keenan Davis though.

I love your breakdown right here. I agree with it almost 100%. I think Kevonte will step up. Everything I read seems to point to him doing well in camp, so I would throw him up in the solid or breakout. I think you're spot on with Keenan Davis though.

You might be right about Kevonte. I have heard good things, although coach Davis hasn't talked up the WR much in general. I should probably list Kevonte either at the end of the break out list of first in the maybe/maybe not list.

K. Martin – Manley
Bret Van Sloten
Keenan Davis

Zach Derby (may or may not see a lot of chances as a reciever)

I think all of these will be at least adaquate. A few will struggle and a few will break out. I don't know enough about KMM to say he is on the cusp of breaking out. Keenan Davis has the highest potential for being an impact player if he does break out. He's got some issues to work out though.

@AreWeThereYet

I like your breakdown and agree with a lot of it. I think two guys I disagree with you on are Vandenberg and Bullock. I think Bullock will be more than adequate. I think he will be the starter for much of the year and might be a 1000-yard back. The coaches did everything they possibly could to get him on the field last year when he was healthy. They clearly think he's a very solid ballplayer who has potential to do a lot of different things as a rusher, receiver, and returner.

For Vandenberg, I don't think he'll be much better next year, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I actually could see him putting up numbers below 3022/25/7 this year. On the other hand, he could put up worse numbers and still be viewed as more of a success, since QB perception is predicated so highly on the W/L category.

What position do you see Boffeli playing? Because right now it would appear there are guys in front of him.

Latest posts