Breaking News

Wow, they played an actual defense, and they didn't light the world on fire. Go figure! Seriously, Oregon fans are stupid if they honestly think that offense will carry them to the promised land. It's a total fraud.

Wow, they played an actual defense, and they didn't light the world on fire. Go figure! Seriously, Oregon fans are stupid if they honestly think that offense will carry them to the promised land. It's a total fraud.

pssst. They had a bye week last week.

Best to not be knocking Oregons offense when our offense makes horrible defensive teams like Nwestern and indiana look like big ten leaders and unlike Iowa, oregon is actually able to win the close ones.

Best to not be knocking Oregons offense when our offense makes horrible defensive teams like Nwestern and indiana look like big ten leaders and unlike Iowa, oregon is actually able to win the close ones.

I get a kick out of guys like this who take obviously sarcastic posts seriously

Oh, my bad :rolleyes:. The point still stands, as they sucked it up against Cal. If they get matched up with Boise State, don't be surprised if they score 21 or less (and lose).

The fact that our offense has played horribly the past couple weeks doesn't mean anything. That's like saying that you can only evaluate a player's talent if you were the greatest player of all time. I mean, you can't expect to judge players who are better than you were :rolleyes:.

Well its got them pretty damn close, and I don't see Auburn's defense being able to stop it.

Auburn relies upon "outgunning" their opponents. That approach frankly favors Oregon. Besides, Oregon isn't too bad on D.

Oregon's D is actually 5th in the country in yards per play at 4.4. Auburn isn't terrible on D, they're at 38th in this category. But I would take Oregon over Auburn if they meet for the title.

Oregon's offense is a fraud because they had one bad day ten weeks into the season? I'd take that offense any day over ours. They can beat you a hundred different ways. And they're just a ton of fun to watch.

Oregon's offense is a fraud because they had one bad day ten weeks into the season? I'd take that offense any day over ours. They can beat you a hundred different ways. And they're just a ton of fun to watch.

Their "bad days" over the past few years (there's only been a few) have come against the only good defenses they play. They pad their stats against awful defenses, then score a grand total of 40 points in three losses to actual defenses (Boise State, Ohio State, Cal). If Cal had ANY offense, they'd have beaten the Ducks two weeks ago.

Again, just because their offense seems better than ours doesn't mean it isn't a fraud, nor does it mean that I can't judge it as such (I don't have to be Willie Mays to tell you that Soriano is overrated). Our offense isn't made out to be a world beater. The "Blur" stands still in the face of a good defense. When they get as much hype as they do, that defines the term "fraud".

I also don't think Auburn beats Alabama this week, which opens the door for TCU/Boise (Boise will get a boost from beating Nevada and jump TCU).

Their "bad days" over the past few years (there's only been a few) have come against the only good defenses they play. They pad their stats against awful defenses, then score a grand total of 40 points in three losses to actual defenses (Boise State, Ohio State, Cal). If Cal had ANY offense, they'd have beaten the Ducks two weeks ago.

Again, just because their offense seems better than ours doesn't mean it isn't a fraud, nor does it mean that I can't judge it as such (I don't have to be Willie Mays to tell you that Soriano is overrated). Our offense isn't made out to be a world beater. The "Blur" stands still in the face of a good defense. When they get as much hype as they do, that defines the term "fraud".

I also don't think Auburn beats Alabama this week, which opens the door for TCU/Boise (Boise will get a boost from beating Nevada and jump TCU).

They lit up a pretty good Stanford defense. Oregon has always had trouble playing at Cal, this was the first time they have beat them at Cal since Tedford took over. Hawkeyes fan should know very well how some teams just match up well against some teams. They still pulled out the win. I don't see how you can call an offense that has been as successful as they have this year a fraud.

They lit up a pretty good Stanford defense. Oregon has always had trouble playing at Cal, this was the first time they have beat them at Cal since Tedford took over. Hawkeyes fan should know very well how some teams just match up well against some teams. They still pulled out the win. I don't see how you can call an offense that has been as successful as they have this year a fraud.

For the same reason that people were able to call Michigan's 5-0 start this year a fraud: we all saw the same movie last year.

Oregon might very well beat Auburn if that's the matchup. But I think they're going to end up playing Boise, and I think the Broncos would make it a 3-peat.

I'm talking about this year's OU offense and now you're having to go back to last year to make your point. I love the Hawkeyes as much as anyone here. Ask my wife. she thinks I love them more than I love her. But if you think Oregon's offense is not better than ours, then I will have some of what you're smoking sir.

I'm talking about this year's OU offense and now you're having to go back to last year to make your point. I love the Hawkeyes as much as anyone here. Ask my wife. she thinks I love them more than I love her. But if you think Oregon's offense is not better than ours, then I will have some of what you're smoking sir.

Wow, your reading comprehension is about on the level of a 6-year old. I never said that our offense is better. But our offense isn't plastered all over SportsCenter as some unstoppable force, either. Oregon's offense withers in the face of a good defense (it's happened everytime they've faced one in the past year and a half), thereby making it a fraud. If it were portrayed as just your everyday college offense, then it wouldn't be. Your everyday offense will struggle with good defenses a little. But when it's made out to be invincible, it can't look average against any good defense it faces.

This offense looked EVERY bit as impressive last year, too. Because there is next to no defense in the Pac-10, and their OOC schedule was embarrassing.

Last edited:
Wow, your reading comprehension is about on the level of a 6-year old. I never said that our offense is better. But our offense isn't plastered all over SportsCenter as some unstoppable force, either. Oregon's offense withers in the face of a good defense (it's happened everytime they've faced one in the past year and a half), thereby making it a fraud. If it were portrayed as just your everyday college offense, then it wouldn't be. Your everyday offense will struggle with good defenses a little. But when it's made out to be invincible, it can't look average against any good defense it faces.

This offense looked EVERY bit as impressive last year, too. Because there is next to no defense in the Pac-10, and their OOC schedule was embarrassing.

Nice insult internet bad boy. But I guess that's the last refuge of a losing argument. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Nice insult internet bad boy. But I guess that's the last refuge of a losing argument. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.

Losing? I think I stated pretty clearly that the fact that our offense isn't as good is irrelevant when determining if Oregon's is a fraud. But once again, you fail to deduce that, even when it's spelled out for you. Hence the reading comprehension insult.

For the same reason that people were able to call Michigan's 5-0 start this year a fraud: we all saw the same movie last year.

Not to mention last year's Georgia Tech movie.

But objectively, I wouldn't call the offenses of Oregon, Michigan or Ga Tech a "fraud". The points and yards they rack up are real. Oregon and Ga Tech in particular have decimated some decent teams over the last couple years. I would say instead that they are excellent offenses against most teams, with real vulnerabilities to the very best, well-executed defenses.

In short, the age-old football storyline: when a great offense meets a great defense, the great defense wins. Or, "defense wins championships".

Latest posts