Branstad Settles Up On Outback Bowl Bet

HawkeyeHypnosis

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2014/01/08/jindal-1-branstad-0/article

From article:

In a statement today, Branstad said: “I’m proud of the season the Iowa Hawkeyes had and for their tremendous effort in the Outback Bowl against Louisiana State University. I’m pleased today to donate Iowa pork to two fine organizations that help feed the hungry in local communities. I would also like to thank The Deb & Jeff Hansen Iowa Select Farms Foundation for their generosity in donating the pork for this friendly wager.â€￾

I thought gambling was illegal? Shouldn't the governor follow the laws of the state?

Good question.

In some states, that's not illegal. Same is true of office pools if the organizer doesn't take a cut.
According to the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals’ (DIA) Social and Charitable Gambling Program "In general, Iowa law permits individuals to engage in social gambling situations, such as office pools, when the activity is conducted outside of a licensed beer and liquor establishment." (Source:
http://www.dia.iowa.gov/MarchMadnessPools.pdf)

I wish the bet was that he would quit if Iowa lost.

The captain may be the highest paid public employee in Iowa but he isn't the most overpaid public employee in Iowa. Anything over a quarter we pay to the guv is wasted cash.

The captain may be the highest paid public employee in Iowa but he isn't the most overpaid public employee in Iowa. Anything over a quarter we pay to the guv is wasted cash.

Mods, please ban. I don't come here to read political hogwersh.

Is it wrong to want Terry Branstad and his son (the sober one) to be Head Coach of the Iowa Hawkeyes? He is undefeated, loves farmers, has a nice house to show recruits, rocks the mustache and glasses look just like another successful Iowa Head Football coach? I think he took a leave of absence right about when we were interviewing Stoops, he may have been the second choice after Oklahoma grabbed Bobby Stoops.

Remember when he had that plan to rename Iowa State something like University of Iowa Satellite Campus: Ames, or something like that. That would have been more than just some alumni association billboard troll job, he wanted to make the whole Iowa State University bow down to their benevolent Hawkeye Overlords. The plan actually went pretty far, just never happened in the end. Man, the Eighties were some great years. Lets get the band back together again with Hayden, Terry, Beyonce, Hartlieb, Chuck Long, Bobby Stoops.....

Welp, I wonder if Branstad is gonna get that pork back. Turns out LSU had to vacate this game. Cheating bastards.

You can't be serious. The infraction that they justified vacating the wins for is ridiculous. The player (Vadal Alexander) had nothing to do with it and his dad didn't know the money was dirty. These activities wouldn't have changed the outcome of all those games. The whole thing is pretty shitty IMO.

You can't be serious. The infraction that they justified vacating the wins for is ridiculous. The player (Vadal Alexander) had nothing to do with it and his dad didn't know the money was dirty. These activities wouldn't have changed the outcome of all those games. The whole thing is pretty shitty IMO.

No one here cares more about the integrity of the game than me. LSU vacated the game because they cheated, therefore Branstad should get the pork back.

Latest posts