Brandon Smith

dmihalke

This kid from Miss. looks to have great height at 6'3", and shows great athleticism. Will add much needed height to our WR group. We desperately need Martin to stay home though, he is a sharp route runner with great hands. I could see potentially both these guys playing as true freshman next year.

As long as he doesn't mind being permanently behind Max Cooper on the depth chart everything will be peachy.

As long as he doesn't mind being permanently behind Max Cooper on the depth chart everything will be peachy.
What's wrong with Cooper? His tape looks great and looks like a Steal for a walk on. I get the hate but Iowa does have some talent and Smith/Martin/Cooper would bring some quality and depth. I for one like the WR in house and with growth of Stanley feel it won't be as bad as been going forward.

What's wrong with Cooper? His tape looks great and looks like a Steal for a walk on. I get the hate but Iowa does have some talent and Smith/Martin/Cooper would bring some quality and depth. I for one like the WR in house and with growth of Stanley feel it won't be as bad as been going forward.
I like your glass half full way of looking at it... Wish I could get on board with ya. I just think it's not all about the talent though. I think Greg Davis is more of the problem then the kids currently there...

Not sure how you could be happy with the current WRs outside of Vandeberg.

Cooper isn't a walk on, I believe

He's not a walk on. You are thinking of the kid from IWCC.

This is the ultimate beat your head against the wall thread...Fantasizing about how good Iowa's offense can get,. The regulator to Iowa's offense (and defense) is KF. I predict KF isn't going to make the same mistake of hiring an OC that doesn't believe in his boring offense. IMO, the next best crop of Iowa WRs will be converted QBs. There will be heavy doses of running with play action passing. Figure it out, just once.

Can the kid from Mississippi block downfield?

Sidenote: I also predict Brian will be the new OC. Why? One reason is: with KF's reputation among 'subcoaches' nationally, not many quality coaches will apply for the vacant position.

Last edited:
This is the ultimate beat your head against the wall thread...Fantasizing about how good Iowa's offense can get,. The regulator to Iowa's offense (and defense) is KF. I predict KF isn't going to make the same mistake of hiring an OC that doesn't believe in his boring offense. IMO, the next best crop of Iowa WRs will be converted QBs. There will be heavy doses of running with play action passing. Figure it out, just once.

Sidenote: I also predict Brian will be the new OC. Why? One reason is: with KF's reputation among 'subcoaches' nationally, not many quality coaches will apply for the vacant position.

Then please, by all means, do us all a favor and go beat your head against the wall Champ.

You must really hate Iowa. You should become a fan of another team.

Latest posts