Brandon Scherff at the combine

Nothing wrong with a TOP 15 pick. I suppose my hope was Top 5 or Top 10. I have seen a lot of Mock drafts over the last 5 months that had him in either the Top 5 or Top 10. Not many Top 5s after that Maryland game, but still more Top 10s than any showing him being picked outside the Top 10.

So, Top 15 is AMAZING for anyone, right? Unless, I suppose your expectations were much higher than that.

I would still love to be his agent making 10% of whatever he gets
Several mock drafts have him going 9 to the Giants or 11 to the Vikings. Most likely we won't really know until the combine and pro day are over.

bench press most over rated weight lifting measure of all.
Somebody posted somewhere today that the bench press is way over rated. They said you don't block with your arms pushed straight out. It's more core body, lower body strength with knowing how to use leverage. The short arm thing seems to be something fairly recent. I don't think I ever heard anything about short arms until it came up about Robert Gallery. Maybe I do't understand how 1 or 2 inches makes much of a difference when your arms are rarely extended.

Somebody posted somewhere today that the bench press is way over rated. They said you don't block with your arms pushed straight out. It's more core body, lower body strength with knowing how to use leverage. The short arm thing seems to be something fairly recent. I don't think I ever heard anything about short arms until it came up about Robert Gallery. Maybe I do't understand how 1 or 2 inches makes much of a difference when your arms are rarely extended.

So much of line play is hand position and punching to keep guys off balance. The theory is, if the DE and get his hands to you first, he can gain advantage...that's where length comes in. There were a few plays this year where players were able to get leverage using length on Scherff and he backpedalled somewhat awkwardly. It's a real issue at the NFL level. He projects at guard to me initially, but most likely moves to RT as he gains experience at the NFL level. Can you imagine a LB having to take him on all day...not a good day for them.

He's going to be a great add for some team where ever he plays...he's got an NFL attitude already.

If you can only recall Brandon getting beat 4 times than you must have only watched a couple games all year.

rR1MO0u.jpg

So much of line play is hand position and punching to keep guys off balance. The theory is, if the DE and get his hands to you first, he can gain advantage...that's where length comes in. There were a few plays this year where players were able to get leverage using length on Scherff and he backpedalled somewhat awkwardly. It's a real issue at the NFL level. He projects at guard to me initially, but most likely moves to RT as he gains experience at the NFL level. Can you imagine a LB having to take him on all day...not a good day for them.

He's going to be a great add for some team where ever he plays...he's got an NFL attitude already.

I think he'll be a guard also. I'm not a Viking fan but I'd like to see him go there. He'd fix that left guard spot for the next decade.

I just want him to go to a good fit. If he were to fall to 15 and my 49ers I bet they'd snatch him up to replace Iupati at guard and he'd be a perfect fit for what they like to do. Last thing I want to see have happen to him is go to Oakland and they try and make a tackle out of him and have a replay of Gallerys career. Now that man got paid with how the old pay structure was and he did play a long time too so his career wasn't all bad. But tackle wasn't his best spot by any means.

But now it's about getting to a good fit and doing well so you can be in the best position possible for your 2nd contract. If he were to go to the Redskins or Oakland or some other sorry franchise that'd just suck...[/QUOTE
you have not been watching lately...the Raiders are an up and coming franchise.

I just want him to go to a good fit. If he were to fall to 15 and my 49ers I bet they'd snatch him up to replace Iupati at guard and he'd be a perfect fit for what they like to do. Last thing I want to see have happen to him is go to Oakland and they try and make a tackle out of him and have a replay of Gallerys career. Now that man got paid with how the old pay structure was and he did play a long time too so his career wasn't all bad. But tackle wasn't his best spot by any means.

But now it's about getting to a good fit and doing well so you can be in the best position possible for your 2nd contract. If he were to go to the Redskins or Oakland or some other sorry franchise that'd just suck...[/QUOTE
you have not been watching lately...the Raiders are an up and coming franchise.

Haha.. they've been an "up and coming" franchise for the last 10 or so years :)

Honestly, having them do situps would have more to do with football ability than the fudgin bench press.

Latest posts