Brady Hoke new Michigan coach

what does every body think of the hire. Seems like he knows how to turn a program around. Will he keep the RichRod offense or install a different offense?

Was the Les Miles talk floated to get Hoke at a lower pricetag? Did Miles use the Michigan talk to negotiate a raise? Interesting.

Good hire, Brandon knew he would go there the whole time. He will bring a defensive mentality to UM, something they have sorely lacked. The interesting thing will be if he totally changes the offense in year one.

Hoke will be a good hire, knows the political atmosphere at Michigan, will have the blessing of the "old guard", has recruiting ties in Ohio, Michigan, and California now where Michigan has traditionally be strong.

Like any hire his assistants will define his success or failure. I think he knows what he has in Robinson and will find a spread OC. I am also worried that they could steal Campbell back.

This I think is the better hire. Miles is not a bad coach by any means. But I think Hoke is a better fit.

Hoke will be a good hire, knows the political atmosphere at Michigan, will have the blessing of the "old guard", has recruiting ties in Ohio, Michigan, and California now where Michigan has traditionally be strong.

Like any hire his assistants will define his success or failure. I think he knows what he has in Robinson and will find a spread OC. I am also worried that they could steal Campbell back.

I'm hopeful that Soup won't want to walk away from the potential that he's working with. It's one thing to leave a school in the midst of a coaching change. Leaving a stable situation is another. Hope to high Heaven that he stays!

This is not going to be a quick turn around. Michigan basically lost a recruiting class by waiting so long to hire a coach. Their defense, even if it is much improved, is still going to be one of the worst in the conference. They just don't have the talent, especially in the secondary, to become a solid defense over night. Now combine that with a new offensive system, and I think Michigan will have a worse record last season than they did this year.

This is Hoke's dream job, he won't hire a spread OC just to try and keep Denard. He needs to do this his way, and put in his offense right from the begining. If you fail at your dream job, you need to fail by doing things your way, not trying to do them someone else's way. There's going to be another adjustment period, and it might be a long adjustment period, and we'll see if Michigan is more patient with him as a "Michigan Man" then they were with Rich Rod.

If I had to guess I'd say it's a good long-term move but that Michigan will be brutally awful for the next 2 years at least. I think they're 5th in the division next year at 2-6 in conference play. It's going to be tough to switch schemes again, with or without Denard.

This is not going to be a quick turn around. Michigan basically lost a recruiting class by waiting so long to hire a coach. Their defense, even if it is much improved, is still going to be one of the worst in the conference. They just don't have the talent, especially in the secondary, to become a solid defense over night. Now combine that with a new offensive system, and I think Michigan will have a worse record last season than they did this year. 10 of those players are on defense, so it will help.

This is Hoke's dream job, he won't hire a spread OC just to try and keep Denard. He needs to do this his way, and put in his offense right from the begining. If you fail at your dream job, you need to fail by doing things your way, not trying to do them someone else's way. There's going to be another adjustment period, and it might be a long adjustment period, and we'll see if Michigan is more patient with him as a "Michigan Man" then they were with Rich Rod.

Michigan has had only up to 14 players verballed, today they have 12 and added two and lost four in total. I don't think they have lost this class yet, unless there are major defections on signing day. The top players in this class, have went on record saying they would stay.

Keeping Denard should be a top priority, IMO, now there are so many offenses that he can fit into. Miles would have been the perfect coach for him to stay, but obviously he didn't come. I think it is important for Hoke to understand what he has on offense and what he needs to implement. Keep in mind that Robinson is going to be a Jr next season, so a slower changeover to his offense would not be a bad thing. Keep some of the old sets, but begin to implement parts of the offense he really wants. The talent level on offense for Michigan is high and they will have 9 returning starters, I don't see them just scrapping everything, the offensive line will have four starters back with only one Sr and the guy replacing the starter will most likely be a Soph, he started until he got hurt.
As I said earlier, it will be interesting to see how he goes about it, the wild card is Devin Gardner, he can play in any system, but will be a freshman if he gets a medical pass for this year. He has the ability to allow Hoke to implement what he wants if Denard chooses to leave.

On the Michigan board there was talk that there is still bad blood for Miles having an affair with someone elses wife and Brandon only met with Les to tell him in person that he would not be offered the job because they are good friends.

On the Michigan board there was talk that there is still bad blood for Miles having an affair with someone elses wife and Brandon only met with Les to tell him in person that he would not be offered the job because they are good friends.

It was Gary Moeller's wife, hence he went on the bender that got him fired, I just heard that last week. I am amazed at how many people work for my company that went to UM and all the good information they get. Funny that I see that on this board and heard it Friday.

It was Gary Moeller's wife, hence he went on the bender that got him fired, I just heard that last week. I am amazed at how many people work for my company that went to UM and all the good information they get. Funny that I see that on this board and heard it Friday.

Why do I suddenly have a strange feeling that Brandon Wegher could be recruited by LSU

I don't begin to know if Hoke gets it done in AA.
But I do think it speaks volumes that Michigan has to hire a guy most of us have never heard of until this search.

I wish they had kept RR FOREVER. Hoke is going to get this program turned around quicker than most people think. He already has more support in AA than RR ever did. The big name/resume is not always the answer. Kirk Ferentz, Jim Tressel, and Jim Harbaugh come to mind. My gut feeling just tells me this was a great hire. I guess we will see.

Latest posts