Brady Hoke hired by Oregon

I was hoping he would be here when Ferentz retires.

Pgtkt.gif

IMO that seems like a pretty good hire by the Ducks. From what I've read and heard on him, Brady is a real good assistant/ position coach. Now we will see how he does as a DC.

I thought he was more of an offensive minded coach?? At least that's how I remember his Michigan teams... decent on O but terrible on D.

I thought he was more of an offensive minded coach?? At least that's how I remember his Michigan teams... decent on O but terrible on D.

I just remember he was terrible period.

This is also reminds me of the thread where posters were telling us that Hoke was a better coach than Ferentz....LOLOL.

Rodriguez had the good offenses with the terrible defenses. Hoke had top 20 defenses in terms of yards a few times including a top 10 defense in his last season. Steve Deace called it at the beginning of the year that if Harbaugh was able to make the offense competent, the Wolverines would be among the top teams in the Big 10 because of how good the defense was. Two of the best moves Harbaugh made were to snatch up Rudock who at least gave them a capable QB and retain Greg Mattison to continue working on the defensive line.

Rodriguez had the good offenses with the terrible defenses. Hoke had top 20 defenses in terms of yards a few times including a top 10 defense in his last season. Steve Deace called it at the beginning of the year that if Harbaugh was able to make the offense competent, the Wolverines would be among the top teams in the Big 10 because of how good the defense was. Two of the best moves Harbaugh made were to snatch up Rudock who at least gave them a capable QB and retain Greg Mattison to continue working on the defensive line.

I guess there's been so much bad football at Michigan these past 10 years, its hard to keep it all straight on which coach was bad at what!!

If I know one thing about Ferentz it is that he admires Lloyd Carr and the way Lloyd Carr coached at Michigan. He hired at least one guy from Carr's staff, and was interviewed for the position when Carr retired. In a way, we owe our last season and its 12-0 start to the work Lloyd Carr did. But anyway its clear that any person with a connection to Lloyd Carr would get a lot of consideration for any position coaching at Iowa.

It's going to be a lot easier on him out on the West Coast in his short sleeve shirt. That's probably why he took the job.

Latest posts