BRAD STEVENS

Man.. If we hadn't just disposed of a former Butler coach..

What if Stevens wins it ALL?

Last edited:
Maybe we hired the wrong Butler coach to begin with? Perhaps Stevens was responsible for Lick's success. I will say I do feel a little bad for Lickliter, the guy is a good man and loves Butler and he could have been part of this Butler team but made - what ended up being - a bad move.

Maybe we hired the wrong Butler coach to begin with? Perhaps Stevens was responsible for Lick's success. I will say I do feel a little bad for Lickliter, the guy is a good man and loves Butler and he could have been part of this Butler team but made - what ended up being - a bad move.

I'm starting to think that is the truth..

Any word on if Coach Lick was at the game? When will Lick talk? He is a class act. I would love to hear what he has to say however.

And ISU hired the wrong UNI coach.

Butler has a much better basketball program than Iowa does and for this reason alone Stevens wouldn't come here. Barta needs to identify the next assistant that is ready to make the move to HC ala Stevens, Jacobson, et al. and hire him. I'm sure there is at least one assistant coach out there that fits this state of readiness.

Don't be too sure Ryno.

First of all, Stevens is a different coach now than he was when Lick got hired. He might have flopped three years ago if he had come to Iowa, whereas if he did now, who knows. But we will never know because he won't be the hire, for good or bad, because he does look good.

However, I would assume that coach for Indiana State when Larry Bird was there looked pretty good after that Championship Game. I don't know if he even won a conference championship after that.

Re Lick, maybe Stevens, although he might have flopped if he had been hired away then (I am not saying that is a fact, just hypothesizing) was a big reason for Lick's success. There is no guarantee, however, with Lick at the helm they would be in the Final Four right now, obviously. But he was a pretty good coach at Butler, so who really knows.

We do know he flopped when it came to the B10, however, for whatever reason you want to give.

Latest posts