Bracketology Thoughts

Anyone who declares this team out of the NCAA'S doesn't want to see them there in the first place. That's what this comes down to.

Every loss it's the same tired shit.
"Franuary in full swing"
"There goes our NCAA chances"
"Nepotism is killing this team"
"Half these guys already have one eye on the portal"
"Were second round fodder anyway"

That last one is legit, and that's the demon this program must exorcize. 23 years without making it to the second weekend is a long time, and you have to be in your mid 40's, at least, to have any memory of the late 80's run. But the rest of this sounds like the same tired, unimaginative, uncreative crap. It's an easy cop-out for those who can't or don't want to dig deeper and put actual thought into what they post. Anyone who says this team is out hasn't read a single bracketology projection or watched NET or KenPom. Instead they think that Fran (and Kirk for that matter) is personally putting the screws to them because they lose a game. Do people seriously think a big time coach will lose games just to ruin some poster's days and make their next 24 hours miserable? Grow the f up people!

I would like to see this team make another serious tournament run or two before I check out as well. But then again I wanted to marry that redhead back in the day and it didn't happen and I found someone else and it worked out pretty well for me. I have a feeling things in some of these poster's personal lives haven't worked out so well when I see them get so riled up about amateur sports teams and post the same tired shit.

Here's another tired narrative:

"We haven't won a regular season title in 43 years"

Who gives a rat's ass? Winning (sharing) it that year and getting a first round bye in the NCAA'S as it was set up then didn't prevent us from getting knocked out in our first game. Winning the conference tournament in 2006 didn't prevent a first round loss either.

Meanwhile anyone want to guess where we finished in 1980 when we went to the final four? That's right. Tied for fourth. Where did we finish in 1987 when we almost went to another final four? Third, may have been tied for third I'd have to look it up.

Many of you think it is so rough. You ought to try living in Wisconsin where they do win their share of conference titles and BTT's, do make their share of deep NCAA runs, and now are rapidly erasing the stigma that the program would collapse into the doldrums when Bo Ryan finally retired. Greg freaking Gard, who looks like he could be your tax accountant, has retooled that program on the fly, cleared a disruptive graduating class, the disruptive Kobe King ( their leading scorer who hasn't been heard from since) and their disruptive ratting assistant coach (who was a Badger legend-imagine Iowa doing this to Jess Settles), brought back a team with basically one experienced player, and does nothing but fucking win. And I have to listen to it in every saloon I walk into in this state.

Now there this article locally about Mineral Point's Isaac Lindsey who overcame injuries, transferring from UNLV when Otzelberger bailed, and turning down several mid major full rides to walk on at his dream school where he is learning the school of hard knocks from Johnny Davis and Brad Davison.

You haven't heard of him yet because you don't live in Wisconsin or see him play in high school or AAU. But by this time next year you will have heard of him. Because thats how Wisconsin fucking does things. And it works. And he has a younger brother who's 6'5 and a freshman and already a hot prospect in three sports.

Last edited:

Who gives a rat's ass? Winning (sharing) it that year and getting a first round bye in the NCAA'S as it was set up then didn't prevent us from getting knocked out in our first game. Winning the conference tournament in 2006 didn't prevent a first round loss either.

Meanwhile anyone want to guess where we finished in 1980 when we went to the final four? That's right. Tied for fourth. Where did we finish in 1987 when we almost went to another final four? Third, may have been tied for third I'd have to look it up.

Many of you think it is so rough. You ought to try living in Wisconsin where they do win their share of conference titles and BTT's, do make their share of deep NCAA runs, and now are rapidly erasing the stigma that the program would collapse into the doldrums when Bo Ryan finally retired. Greg freaking Gard, who looks like he could be your tax accountant, has retooled that program on the fly, cleared a disruptive graduating class, the disruptive Kobe King ( their leading scorer who hasn't been heard from since) and their disruptive ratting assistant coach (who was a Badger legend-imagine Iowa doing this to Jess Settles), brought back a team with basically one experienced player, and does nothing but fucking win. And I have to listen to it in every saloon I walk into in this state.

Now there this article locally about Mineral Point's Isaac Lindsey who overcame injuries, transferring from UNLV when Otzelberger bailed, and turning down several mid major full rides to walk on at his dream school where he is learning the school of hard knocks from Johnny Davis and Brad Davison.

You haven't heard of him yet because you don't live in Wisconsin or see him play in high school or AAU. But by this time next year you will have heard of him. Because thats how Wisconsin fucking does things. And it works. And he has a younger brother who's 6'5 and a freshman and already a hot prospect in three sports.
Since I, too, live in Wisconsin, I know you have captured the scene accurately. Every damn year, I go into football and basketball seasons believing W’s teams are over rated and, finally, will begin a downhill slide. Yup. “Fire Greg Gard. Fire that washed up football coach.” Echo.

Who gives a rat's ass?

:cool:

After what we lost last year nobody thought we would be in the position we are in. Which is according to most of the experts a team in position to make the dance.
Tired of you Negative Nancy's with the team was supposed to be worse thing. The team had talent and some more overall athleticism than we have had in the recent past. Couldn't see Keegan and Kris talent? The guard trio have no potential etc. I am not as impressed with Fran's player development as some others but I thought this team should be at least this good. Don't want to hear the "rebuilding" thing esp. if Fran is so good at developing talent. That talent plus good development = a good year this year. That is the math. :)

How can you talk hope in the team but you didn't have hope that they would be where they are? A bit of both sides of the mouth, no?

Tired of you Negative Nancy's with the team was supposed to be worse thing. The team had talent and some more overall athleticism than we have had in the recent past. Couldn't see Keegan and Kris talent? The guard trio have no potential etc. I am not as impressed with Fran's player development as some others but I thought this team should be at least this good. Don't want to hear the "rebuilding" thing esp. if Fran is so good at developing talent. That talent plus good development = a good year this year. That is the math. :)

How can you talk hope in the team but you didn't have hope that they would be where they are? A bit of both sides of the mouth, no

How can you talk hope in the team but you didn't have hope that they would be where they are? A bit of both sides of the mouth, no?
No. My thoughts have progressed from the beginning of the season. We lost a ton from last year. I did not expect to be this good. I hoped we would be this good and better. I’m a little miffed and surprised by the mini meltdown fans are having because of the loss to Michigan. I realize we might falter and miss the dance but to panic the way some seem to be I don’t get. Enjoy the journey and don’t let this game effect you as much as it seems to effect many fans.

Latest posts