Boy ISU fans are relentless at my workplace

Didnt hear much walking out of Jack Trice Saturday, just cheering and excitement for the win. We did encounter some overweight Iowa State girl that got in my brother's face and he just said back "get out of my face you fat ******* *****". She got quiet in a hurry. Her friends basically turned around and started dying laughing.

Getting back to this thread:

I'm very respectful at work....have to in the education field. I have never given a reason to my ISU co-workers to be upset or angry. I literally walk into the building and it starts up with the ISU people. I literally say nothing and they are all over you. So no, not 75% my fault.

I chalk it up to little man syndrome and not use to winning. ISU fans, give me another reason why if that is not it. I congratulated them, said it happens and they proceed to carry on about how overrated we are or how awesome they are, how they own the state, etc.

They won the game yesterday, congratulations. But act like you have been there and don't act like an ***. That is all I ask of ISU fans.

Wrong, Haydenhawk.

Obviously you don't have to be careful about that sort of thing in your field or the ISU fan would be. You may act as you say, but recognize you are the exception. Back to my example. If Iowa were to beat Nebraska this year in football, most Iowa fans will be acting on Monday just like what you described the Cyclone fans doing to you today. They are not that much different than most fans.

Besides, what is wrong with them giving you a hard time. Isn't that what sports fans do? You sound like kind of a whiner to me, to be honest. It's not like they were spitting on you or threatening your welfare.

Many Iowa fans think they are a better breed of fan than most other schools. They really aren't, for the most part. They just think they are. Iowa QBs have been booed at home. Iowa seniors have been booed when they were introduced at senior day. I could go on, but I think the point is made.

We may be rabid fans, more rabid than many. That doesn't make us better fans.

There's two ISU fans where I work. I'm the only Hawk. Both were making comments before the game. One already came to my office to razz me. The second will be over for sure when they work next. They already texted me immediately after the game. When Iowa wins, I almost never even talk about it. Oh well...what are ya going to do. We lost and they're happy about it. Good for them.

People who are butthurt about catching hell are stupid. If Iowa would have beat us I would have expected a good ribbing and you guys would have dealt it. ISU won and I gave hell to plenty of Iowa fans. Why is this an issue? This is a rivalry and this is what happens....

Re: Wrong, Haydenhawk.

"Obviously you don't have to be careful about that sort of thing in your field or the ISU fan would be. You may act as you say, but recognize you are the exception. Back to my example. If Iowa were to beat Nebraska this year in football, most Iowa fans will be acting on Monday just like what you described the Cyclone fans doing to you today. They are not that much different than most fans.

Besides, what is wrong with them giving you a hard time. Isn't that what sports fans do? You sound like kind of a whiner to me, to be honest. It's not like they were spitting on you or threatening your welfare.

Many Iowa fans think they are a better breed of fan than most other schools. They really aren't, for the most part. They just think they are. Iowa QBs have been booed at home. Iowa seniors have been booed when they were introduced at senior day. I could go on, but I think the point is made.

We may be rabid fans, more rabid than many. That doesn't make us better fans."

I do work in education, but that does not make all my teacher co-workers saints. There is a difference between giving a hard time (a good nature rubbing) and being defensive, an a-hole, and acting like they have to prove something and not drop the subject.

Personally, from my experiences with fans, ISU fans are some of the worse fans when it comes to the aspect of being relentless in their pursuit of trying to prove themselves to Iowa fans after an ISU upset in football. You don't have to ask for it, they will give it to you and if you give even the slightest back, they get real defensive. Very little brother indeed.

Whiner, nah not really. Just reporting what I see and hear. I think a number of ISU fans get defensive and feel like they have to rub it in to Iowa fans because they are jealous of our success and are looking for relevance. That is why they are scared to death to lose their game against us on a yearly basis. They have already lost Nebraska, might even lose their conference. They have to yell the loudest to be heard.

As far as Nebraska goes, I would hope Iowa fans would act like they have been there before as well. Be excited, but not act like azz clowns. And, Nebraska is not exactly the Nebraska of old anyway. Still a good win, but not like knocking off an 80s version.

Last edited:
Been this way for over 125 years, cultural vs cows. What does an ISU graduate call someone who dropped out of Iowa?
Boss

Latest posts