Boy Did The Bears Take One Up The Backside!

Northside Hawk

Their November 18 game at Minnesota has been flexed to an evening game. Then they have to fly home after midnight, turn around and fly to Detroit probably early Wendesday afternoon, and play the early Thanksgiving game on Thursday.

I'm not a Bears fan but that is the most ridiculous example of greed oriented scheduling, with no concern for player safety, to this point. How are they to possibly be expected to play a football game only 84 hours after their last one finished and travel twice to boot? This could quite possibly end up costing the Bears a postseason berth, or worse. It normally takes a coaching staff two full days (48 hours) after the previous game just to put a game plan together, let alone practice it.

They have to address this in the next CBA. Someone is going to get maimed.

Last edited:
Won’t be that bad because the game is AT Chicago not In Minneapolis. Plus it’s not like they are traveling across country, it’s an hour flight to Detroit and they won’t be traveling to Detroit until Weds evening.

Fact is it Happens More than you think. Take the Packers this weekend they play at 3:25 in Lambeau and turn around fly across country Weds to play Thursday in Seattle. Plus factor in the 2-hour Time change,

Won’t be that bad because the game is AT Chicago not In Minneapolis. Plus it’s not like they are traveling across country, it’s an hour flight to Detroit and they won’t be traveling to Detroit until Weds evening.

Fact is it Happens More than you think. Take the Packers this weekend they play at 3:25 in Lambeau and turn around fly across country Weds to play Thursday in Seattle. Plus factor in the 2-hour Time change,
If it's at Chicago, then I was mistaken and that helps a tiny bit. I still don't think Thursday football is good for the NFL. Once a year on Thanksgiving, OK. That's been around since the fifties. But it's still taxing on the players. The Vikings earlier this season had to make the exact same trip (to Los Angeles) that you are describing for the Packers. It's tough.

The NFL has coordinated it's London schedule to make sure it precedes the bye weeks of the team's involved. They need to come up with a similiar solution with Thursday Night football.

If it's at Chicago, then I was mistaken and that helps a tiny bit. I still don't think Thursday football is good for the NFL. Once a year on Thanksgiving, OK. That's been around since the fifties. But it's still taxing on the players. The Vikings earlier this season had to make the exact same trip (to Los Angeles) that you are describing for the Packers. It's tough.

The NFL has coordinated it's London schedule to make sure it precedes the bye weeks of the team's involved. They need to come up with a similiar solution with Thursday Night football.

If the NFL added a 2nd bye week, they could give bye weeks to the teams playing in the following Thursday game. There may be an exception or two, but it's a way to get it to work.

Latest posts