Bowls..

blubberhawk

Would not surprise me if Big 12 goes winless this bowl season. The league has been trending downward the past couple years which explains why ISU is 18-18 in conference play since Campbell has taken over. Wait a minute, I forgot that he is probably the best coach in America and could name his job at any school in the country. I guess 7-6 at ISU is akin to most programs going 12-0?

Or if the Big 12 is getting worse/trending downward then 7-5 overall and 4th in the league is just avg at best if that.

The Big 12 isn't much different than where it has been the since Texas lost it's mojo. Teams in the middle switch around but I'm not sure the over all quality has changed much. You could argue that Oklahoma lacks a big rival in the conference to sharpen their skills against, since Texas lost its way. Texas got what it deserved though. They were so arrogant they screwed themselves

I hate to say it, but the SEC has only gotten better the last half decade. The emergence of Georgia and Florida getting a bit better, has brought the SEC east up. The SEC west certainly isn't losing any ground either.

I hate to say it, but the SEC has only gotten better the last half decade. The emergence of Georgia and Florida getting a bit better, has brought the SEC east up. The SEC west certainly isn't losing any ground either.

Notwithstanding Florida's dominant victory over Michigan last year, I don't think Georgia or Florida are materially better than the second cut of Big Ten teams. But the thing is both of those programs are like 2 or 3 guys in back to back recruiting classes from being super good and they have a chance of those guys walking through the door. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU - those game changer guys ain't gonna walk through that door.

Notwithstanding Florida's dominant victory over Michigan last year, I don't think Georgia or Florida are materially better than the second cut of Big Ten teams. But the thing is both of those programs are like 2 or 3 guys in back to back recruiting classes from being super good and they have a chance of those guys walking through the door. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, PSU - those game changer guys ain't gonna walk through that door.

I was comparing how the SEC East is trending with where they were 6-10 years ago. Georgia was a very good team that finally figured how to get over the hump. Florida was down and has recovered to a degree. Tennessee is about the same. Kentucky has improved. Missouri had it's good QB and will be close to the bottom.

I was comparing how the SEC East is trending with where they were 6-10 years ago. Georgia was a very good team that finally figured how to get over the hump. Florida was down and has recovered to a degree. Tennessee is about the same. Kentucky has improved. Missouri had it's good QB and will be close to the bottom.

10 years ago Florida was every bit as good as the SEC West. They're behind right now. I don't think Kirby has Georgia going in the right direction. Georgia was really good with Richt's guys but has dropped a peg every year under Kirby. Kirby's loss to South Carolina was a black eye on UGA. The SEC East is pretty overrated right now and gets hype just by virtue of association with the SEC West. The SEC West is ungodly good.

10 years ago Florida was every bit as good as the SEC West. They're behind right now. I don't think Kirby has Georgia going in the right direction. Georgia was really good with Richt's guys but has dropped a peg every year under Kirby. Kirby's loss to South Carolina was a black eye on UGA. The SEC East is pretty overrated right now and gets hype just by virtue of association with the SEC West. The SEC West is ungodly good.

Florida 2010 (8-5), 2011 (7-6), 2012 (11-2), 2013 (4-8), 2014 (7-5), 2015 (10-4), 2016 (9-4), 2017 (4-7), 2018 (10-3),2019 (10-2 so far). The consecutive 13-1 years was right before that.

Georgia 2010 (6-7), 2011 (10-4), 2012 (12-2), 2013 (8-5), 2014 (10-3), 2015 (10-3), 2016 (8-5), 2017 (13-2), 2018 (11-3),2019 (11-2 so far). I don't see a drop off under Kirby Smart.

I laugh at how these small time / mid major bowls always brag up how the teams that play in them are up and coming teams and will contend for conference titles next year.

#9 Florida does not impress me. How in the world did they beat Auburn? Auburn wonders the same thing. Yes they have athletes but they don't look well coached on offense. The QB looks awkward as hell, the other QB jones just gets the snap and runs.

I do like the fact that both teams are wearing their colors. With the advent of color TV a while back, no need for one team to wear white.

Florida 2010 (8-5), 2011 (7-6), 2012 (11-2), 2013 (4-8), 2014 (7-5), 2015 (10-4), 2016 (9-4), 2017 (4-7), 2018 (10-3),2019 (10-2 so far). The consecutive 13-1 years was right before that.

Georgia 2010 (6-7), 2011 (10-4), 2012 (12-2), 2013 (8-5), 2014 (10-3), 2015 (10-3), 2016 (8-5), 2017 (13-2), 2018 (11-3),2019 (11-2 so far). I don't see a drop off under Kirby Smart.

UGA was in the national title game Kirby's first year. They were legit contenders with a shot at the playoff in his second year and took Bama to the wire in the SEC title game. By his third year, they lost to SC and though they fought back up the rankings, they couldn't hold a candle to LSU. The SEC East is straight up bad outside of UGA and somewhat UF and UGA simply ain't what it was when Kirby got there when they had game changers like Chubb, Michel and Hardman.

Latest posts