Bowl Preparation

AreWeThereYet

Was just thinking how the team might be preparing for the bowl matchup.

I think it is safe to assume that the defense will spend a considerable amount of time preparing for Mississippi State's running game. Specifically, their running quarterback. It fits right in with preparing Iowa's linebackers and defensive backs for similar offenses next year.

I expect Iowa's offense will be spreading the ball around more, with Fant being out of the lineup. Hockenson will be covered close, so others had better be ready to pick up the slack. Run blocking has needed work much of the season. I'd like to see Iowa at least try to take advantage of Mississippi State's aggressiveness. That has been been lacking too.

We'll listen to what the washedup podcasts sez...I'll guess they'll describe the bowl practice.

b3e91006-9303-4f9b-bbb0-ea366e1bd8dd

upload_2018-12-15_22-23-7.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-15_22-23-0.png
    upload_2018-12-15_22-23-0.png
    372 KB · Views: 5
Feels like Cooks gonna have a big game n be the next big time TE for Iowa. Maybe I’m just a homer which I cannot deny

Feels like Cooks gonna have a big game n be the next big time TE for Iowa. Maybe I’m just a homer which I cannot deny

This is a game to see what the other TE on the field can do. If Hock is doubled then that other TE has to make plays just like Hock did last year.

BF KOK and other offensive coaches I hope have seen a few pass patterns or formations that MSU doesnt defend very well and practice those a lot. I have heard in the past the KF uses bowl prep to really practice the basics while putting in the game plan.

Brandon Smith hopefully will become another weapon, he seems to be coming on and I'm still pretty excited about the potential there.

With Fant gone and TJ likely to go...its gotta start now.

They just need to work on the fundamentals, blocking and tackling. If they just make tackles and get into position to make tackles they will be fine.

Iowa's greatest weakness in this game is stanley's head. If they get after him and he loses his cool, it will be a long long day.

I'd make sure that Iowa moves the pocket

I was thinking about that. Moving the pocket more would sure come in handy with a fairly immobile quarterback like Stanley. If they aren't working on it now they should in the off season.

Iowa's greatest weakness in this game is stanley's head. If they get after him and he loses his cool, it will be a long long day.

I'd make sure that Iowa moves the pocket

They rolled Stanley out some this year but when you roll out your Qb you pretty much waste receivers on the other half to a third of the field. Now Stanley has a strong arm so after rolling out he could still throw down the field into the middle area and to the far hash marks if it is pretty open.

Latest posts