Bowl prediction?

DrKnipe

This is way premature but I am thinking ahead to where Iowa might end up. If I were to guess today I would put Iowa in the Capital One. I would be happy with that but I am dreaming of Roses. What do you guys project?

I would like to see us in another BCS Bowl but that is a tall order given we can only lose one more game at MOST to be considered.

If not a BCS bowl, I wouldn't mind us playing in the Gator Bowl. It is a new bowl game for the Big Ten and still a New Year's Bowl in Florida. I think this or the Capital One is more realistic at this point. MSU, Wisconsin, Michigan and OSU are ahead of us right now - Marc Moorehouse's words!

Today? Honestly, the Little Caesars Bowl. Until the O-line decides to play, instead of employing the "matador" blocking scheme, I go with a 6-6, or 7-5 record. Ole!

Today? Honestly, the Little Caesars Bowl. Until the O-line decides to play, instead of employing the "matador" blocking scheme, I go with a 6-6, or 7-5 record. Ole!
Well that is a craptacular attitude you have. I will just assume you are joking.

I think Iowa will finish up at 10-2.

I have no idea. We played like **** at Arizona and if we do that against any Big Ten team (besides Indiana) we won't claw our way back into it.

Well that is a craptacular attitude you have. I will just assume you are joking.

I think Iowa will finish up at 10-2.

Lol, kind of... The O-line really looked bad on Saturday. This team will fail miserably if it doesn't get back up to par. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.. And frankly, I think I have a pretty good reason to have a craptastic attitude, at this point.

You do realize that this Arizona team was ranked right? There were people picking us to lose this so its not a HUGE surprise. Quit talking like the team we played was a South Charleston State team or whatever, they are a good team and Iowa in general didn't execute well enough to win and good teams take advantage of that. Take a deep breath my friend.

Lol, kind of... The O-line really looked bad on Saturday. This team will fail miserably if it doesn't get back up to par. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.. And frankly, I think I have a pretty good reason to have a craptastic attitude, at this point.

Remember that typically, Iowa gets better as the season goes on (see 2009 season.) Hopefully they can use that came as a wake up call, straighten out their issues against Ball State and be ready for the Big Ten season. Now with all that positive talk out of the way, I am concerned with injuries, so I will say 9-3 and a Cap 1 or Outback appearance. I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see us back in the BCS.

10-2 Fiesta bowl against the Texas/Okie loser.

Imported roetbomb your avatar is a little disturbing.:)

Remember that typically, Iowa gets better as the season goes on (see 2009 season.) Hopefully they can use that came as a wake up call, straighten out their issues against Ball State and be ready for the Big Ten season. Now with all that positive talk out of the way, I am concerned with injuries, so I will say 9-3 and a Cap 1 or Outback appearance. I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see us back in the BCS.

You're right. We won't see Iowa play this crappy again this season. If they do, their leadership has failed them... Mistake free football from here on out. Teams will have to just flat out-play us, if they want the W.

I may have high expectations of the team but IMO its BCS or bust this year. Would love to see the Hawks in Pasadena but the Sugar/Fiesta wouldnt be bad either.

Wow, these posts are incredible to me.

Let's try to beat Ball State. Seriously. That would be win #3.

Then we play Penn State in the biggest game of the season so far. If you win that game (a big IF), that would be 4 wins.

You need to get to 6 wins to be bowl eligible.

When we win our sixth game, THEN you start to talk about bowls. NOT BEFORE THEN. If you win 7 games, better bowl.... 8 wins.... better still....etc.

This board keeps putting the cart before the horse with talk of national championship, BCS game, etc. etc. blah blah blah. We just lost our best running back for the season!!!

Take it one game at a time, PUHLEEZ!!! You people are heading for a big letdown if you don't do it that way. Right now we are 2 wins, 1 loss. A good start.

Latest posts