bowl game hysteria

lsotelo

A Common Sense Solution- I think football programs should have a professional pathway to turn down a bowl invitation if it is not in the best interest of the program, players and most importantly THE FANS . From an objective standpoint , Iowa athletic department leaders and conference commissioners should not be rewarded for meeting mediocre objectives . My hope is to send a message that bowl game eligibility , invitations , and acceptance should be optional .
Send a message that outside the BCS championship / top 25 ranked teams the additional post season match ups should be exhibition scrimmages . Fans are invited to attend at a reasonable cost so that the fans and students, can attend if so desired. Perhaps partner with local businesses for discount coupons, start a lottery for game tickets with proceeds going to struggling not for profit organizations.
THE MIDDLE doesn't need an invitation treat from the east coast elite to spend our time and money to go to a destination that is not in the best interest of our program .

A Common Sense Solution- I think football programs should have a professional pathway to turn down a bowl invitation if it is not in the best interest of the program, players and most importantly THE FANS . From an objective standpoint , Iowa athletic department leaders and conference commissioners should not be rewarded for meeting mediocre objectives . My hope is to send a message that bowl game eligibility , invitations , and acceptance should be optional .
Send a message that outside the BCS championship / top 25 ranked teams the additional post season match ups should be exhibition scrimmages . Fans are invited to attend at a reasonable cost so that the fans and students, can attend if so desired. Perhaps partner with local businesses for discount coupons, start a lottery for game tickets with proceeds going to struggling not for profit organizations.
THE MIDDLE doesn't need an invitation treat from the east coast elite to spend our time and money to go to a destination that is not in the best interest of our program .
I agree. Too many bowls. Most are nothing more than an expensive practice game.

Extra practice for the players and an extra game for the players. Those two things mean a lot to the players.

don't forget the perspective of the players.

don't forget about the competitive advantages of more time

Why in the world would you want your favorite team to hang up the cleats while the other teams in the league are continuing to practice

Latest posts