Bowl Charters: HN.com Partners with University of Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
I am proud and pleased to announce that HawkeyeNation.com will be teaming up with the University of Iowa Alumni Association on our bowl charters this year, and for years to come.

We met back in the summer after speaking shortly following Iowa's trip to Tampa last year.

Both sides believe by combining our efforts, we will be able to bring you the most departure locations and the widest choice of price points in the marketplace.

Also, for those of you that have traveled with HawkeyeNation in the past and have come to appreciate the service that our longtime partner Premiere Sports Travel has delivered, fear not; they will be back with us once again!

Premiere's Parent company has also entered into a business relationship with Dodd's, the longtime veteran of official bowl travel for Universities across the nation.

In short, the combination of these relationships and resources will mean you will have the absolute best options to choose from and multiple price points, plus you can rest assured that the details of your trip will be handled by experienced professionals.

There will be more details to follow this week. We will have flights out of Des Moines, Cedar Rapids and more than likely Moline, too.

I certainly appreciate the thousands of people that have flown with us on our previous six bowl charter trips, and #7 promises to be something special, too.

I will post a sign up page later this week, where you can add your email to our list of persons that want to be notified as we have more information to share with you.

Would a one-loss Iowa team that does not make the Rose Bowl (I think the Hawks would have to lose to OSU and OSU would have to win out) still go to a BCS Bowl? If so, any guess which one?

I spent some time researching pricing for the Jan. 7th Bowl game. I am very interested/excited to see the different price packages. That also sounds really cool to have the charters out of so many locations, especially being in Cedar Rapids.

Jon, Can you give us a sample of what is typically included in the bowl package? For the Rose Bowl, does it include transportation (from airport, etc), Rose Bowl parade tickets, Hawkeye pep rally/parade?

I found this from last year:

"That being said, HawkeyeNation.com will make things easy for you.

We will WILL be putting together it’s 6th Iowa Hawkeye Bowl Charter Trip.

Here is a sample of the ‘Rock Star’ treatment you can expect from HawkeyeNation.com and our longtime and trusted travel partner, Premiere Sports Travel:

-Chartered air travel to the bowl destination
-Transportation from the airport to the hotel
-Your luggage delivered to your room
-Transportation to and from Iowa’s bowl game
-Tickets to the game surrounded by thousands of Hawkeye fans
-Transportation to the airport
-Lanyard and Souvenir"

Good Stuff Waukeye.

How many days is an average trip?
Get there when? come back the day following the game? etc.

I will be traveling from Texas to the Bowl game this year. (hopefully) I'd be interested in participating in this, but without the air travel obviously. I'd like to stay in the same hotel, have transportation to and from the game, etc. Is that possible?

We went to Tampa last year ( although not with HawkeyeNation which in some respects I can tell you was probably a mistake!). Cost was about $1500.00/person and included rooms at the Hilton on the beach in Tampa and the flight and transportation to and from the airport ( that was over an hr. on Tues. due to construction). The Hawkeye Huddle was not as good as some I have been to but still had fun!

Meals, side trips,airport parking,etc. raises cost depending on your level of activity and wants for meals. I am guessing we spent about $300.00 here. So total was very close to $4000.00

Looking forward to a trip to Pasedena 01 or 08 Jan. It will be a GREAT trip regardless!!

Air to and from bowl city
Charter service to and from airport and to and from game
Transportation to and from Hawkeye Huddle
We will have a chalk talk session, previewing the game

There is much more, and its rock star treatment, but I have to run out to Iowa City right now for Kirk's presser...back with more details later

Fill out our brief survey and you will be notified each time we have more details: LINK

I will also have more nuggets tonight....bottom line, our trips are now teamed up as a part of the Official University of Iowa trips...and that is a real good thing for consumers...more options.