Bowen and Murray speak about new coach

And the fact that these guys including Lookingbill and Hansen were present at presser, excited about the program and want to get involved speaks highly of McCaffery. This is really exciting and something to look forward to. I never got this feeling during Lick's presser. Just was glad Alford was gone.

You wouldn't think by looking at him that Ryan Bowen makes his money playing basketball. Let alone in the NBA. Goes to show what intelligent basketball and hard work can do for you.

And the fact that these guys including Lookingbill and Hansen were present at presser, excited about the program and want to get involved speaks highly of McCaffery. This is really exciting and something to look forward to. I never got this feeling during Lick's presser. Just was glad Alford was gone.

It makes me wonder if Lick totally froze guys like this out (former players, the old guard, the last successful players)...it would make a little sense of why Murray was dogging him all season on BTN

I'm just glad to have them involved regardless of why they were alienated during the end of Alford's tenure & during Lick's. What a great thing for Iowa players to see. This entire situation is just worlds different than it was 3 years ago.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenyon doesn't end up being an assistant coach. He's very impressive.

Great to see the Hawkeyes of years past supporting the program and the program inviting their support.

It makes me wonder if Lick totally froze guys like this out (former players, the old guard, the last successful players)...it would make a little sense of why Murray was dogging him all season on BTN

I think Murray was just observing what was happening on the court. I found him to be a solid guy on the Big Ten network.

You wouldn't think by looking at him that Ryan Bowen makes his money playing basketball. Let alone in the NBA. Goes to show what intelligent basketball and hard work can do for you.

Your underestimating his athletic ability, to survive 10+ years in that league given his size you have to be an athlete. Yeah, intelligence and hard work probably trump his athletic ability in the grand scheme of things, but he is definitely not a stiff.

Listen to what Bowen says when asked that direct question. Both he and Murray basically say the same thing: No.

Alford is the guy who didn't have any relationships with the past, Lick came in and changed that. Remember Davis coming in for practice sessions? I remember seeing Les Jepsen behind the bench (in the stands) during Iowa game(s) in the Lick era.

I think Lick is getting an unfair shake on this.

I don't think Lick shunned them (based on the comments), but the players never embraced him either. This is a fresh start and I think this is the start of something good at Iowa. I really do. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get season tickets next year, as I think in a few years, the good seats will be taken.

Latest posts