Bowen Added to Iowa Staff

He has a pretty nice home by Burlington at the Spirit Hollow residential/golf course area.

Great hire by Fran.

Hopefully all the posters who were gnashing their teeth because Fran didn't have his staff in place within his first week after being hired now realize it is more important to take your time and do it RIGHT, rather than fast.

The success of the Iowa basketball team over the next few years is going to depend on the staff Fran hires. This is not something that should be rushed into.

Fran is making all the right moves so far. I can't wait until next season!

I believe Ryan made comments to the affect that "he didn't need the money as he's made 8-9 Million in the NBA." And he said he'd rather take an "entry level" coaching position with Iowa and work his way up than as an asst somewhere else.

Not all pro athletes blow their money and max out their lifestyles.

Yes...a middle of the road NBA'er with no coaching experience.... where have I heard that story before??? Congrats to Ryan and good luck to the Franatics

Yeah, but does he have 2 years of front office experience with an NBA team? I don't think so.

Yeah, but does he have 2 years of front office experience with an NBA team? I don't think so.

Haha yep, that's the drawback with this hire. He never spent time in the front office of an NBA team that was being ran right into the ground, think of all the great experience that would have given him.

Haha yep, that's the drawback with this hire. He never spent time in the front office of an NBA team that was being ran right into the ground, think of all the great experience that would have given him.

This! Two words...Ricky Rubio. Let's draft a guy in the top 5 and then have him decide he would rather stay and play in Spain rather than play for the T'Wolves in the NBA.

Ryan Bowen made $8,895,707 for his ten seasons in the NBA. Also, the NBA's pension plan is $306.34 per month per season (assuming you play 3) so $3678.08 a year. I think it was just Ryan wanting to stay in the game and be a Hawkeye again. Fantastic move by FM!

Just to clarify, so this pension calculation means he is collecting 3678.08 every month,right? ...around 44k/yr?

Nice job on total earnings in the NBA...he did play in Europe for a couple of years also,right? Bottom line, I suspect he is doing fine no matter what Iowa will be paying him.

I seriously doubt money has anything to do with Bowen wanting to be on the staff. It sounds like to me he did well with the Pro money he has earned and not blown it all. So now he is looking for something to do, if he aspires to be a coach then no better place for him to start than his Alma Mater.

Latest posts