"Bottom Feeder" Goophs beat MSU by 25

Wonder how long it’s been since Kenpom had Michigan State as the 11th best team in the Big 10...

Not sure, but this is the first time MSU has started 0-3 in conference play since the 2001-2002 season. Which I like.

On an unrelated note, last night the Buffalo Bills became the first team in the AFC East to sweep the Patriots since the 2002 season. Which I also like. Not because I like the Bills so much, but because I am sick to death of the Patriots and Belichick.

Not sure, but this is the first time MSU has started 0-3 in conference play since the 2001-2002 season. Which I like.

On an unrelated note, last night the Buffalo Bills became the first team in the AFC East to sweep the Patriots since the 2002 season. Which I also like. Not because I like the Bills so much, but because I am sick to death of the Patriots and Belichick.
Tom Brady goes to Tampa and they become a playoff team. New England becomes crap. Maybe Belicheck is not the genius he was made out to be?

I was going to reference the Pats as well. No one is showing them any mercy after years of getting beat.

Big 10 teams are likely going to do the same to Izzo. If MSU continues to struggle I don’t think this is going to be a particularly fun season for them.

Tom Brady goes to Tampa and they become a playoff team. New England becomes crap. Maybe Belicheck is not the genius he was made out to be?
I detest the guy. But I think he’s a good coach. IIRC the Patriots had more players opt out due to COVID than any other.

That big guy for MN is a game changer for them to pair up with Carr. Imagine if he'd have stayed at Drake. Hell they are taking names without him.

Minnesota appears to be better than I thought. I have to admit I was wrong about them. They hadn't looked impressive in their first six games and then Illinois crushed them. Carr and Robins are legit though. Hopefully that loss won't look bad come NCAA tournament time. We always seem to struggle shooting up there as well.

Minnesota appears to be better than I thought. I have to admit I was wrong about them. They hadn't looked impressive in their first six games and then Illinois crushed them. Carr and Robins are legit though. Hopefully that loss won't look bad come NCAA tournament time. We always seem to struggle shooting up there as well.
I’m just glad we play the rematch on a pretty quick turnaround. It will still be fresh on the team’s minds.

And, of course, the guy that burned us so bad with his unconscious three point shooting went 1 for 4 last night. Just another name that will only be remembered by Hawk fans for his one unbelievable night.

And, of course, the guy that burned us so bad with his unconscious three point shooting went 1 for 4 last night. Just another name that will only be remembered by Hawk fans for his one unbelievable night.
Michigan State decided to guard him at the three point line. Crazy idea. They failed to guard anyone else. Actually, MS was trying to defend and they can put pressure on the ball...they guarded Carr well. Michigan State has issues in the post though. Garza is going to be double teamed like mad against MS. Izzo will not allow him to beat them...Guys are going to get looks from three.

Michigan State is terrible on offense. Terrible. They literally had trouble hitting the basket in the first 10 minutes of that game and had 13 points.

What’s his name? I’ve already forgotten to be honest.

Michigan State decided to guard him at the three point line. Crazy idea. They failed to guard anyone else. Actually, MS was trying to defend and they can put pressure on the ball...they guarded Carr well. Michigan State has issues in the post though. Garza is going to be double teamed like mad against MS. Izzo will not allow him to beat them...Guys are going to get looks from three.

Michigan State is terrible on offense. Terrible. They literally had trouble hitting the basket in the first 10 minutes of that game and had 13 points.
They guarded him at the 3 and got destroyed. Letting him shoot is still how I would play them. He can make half and we likely win by double figures.

I doubt Tom Izzo's game plan was to shut down the random guy who went off against us.

I cannot think of another athlete who has made as many coaches huge money as Tom Brady. Guys like Charlie Weis and Matt Patricia (who coached defense but rarely got put into a bad spot and got bailed out of a lot of 4th quarter collapses) should give Brady half of their lifetime earnings. And other guys who are okay coaches but got a shot because of Brady, such as Bill O'Brien and Matt Patricia, should give the guy like a quarter of their lifetime earnings.

Not trying to hype up MSU's offense (or anything about MSU really) but we had only put up 11 points in the first 10 minutes against Minnesota. Our first 10 minutes didn't look any better.