both sports are dumpster fires

I viewed this as a rebuilding year for the football team. Wins over Iowa State, Ohio State and Nebraska (still need this one) are always a good thing.

Baer and Connor will help the basketball team...as will more experience. I am still very optimistic. This is a team that will play its best basketball at the end of the season not the beginning IMO.

You gotta go all the way back to last year for that one.
damn, you beat me with facts. well played, sir.

regardless, it does seem like in the months of feb/march his teams do lay a golden turd on the mid court logo

damn, you beat me with facts. well played, sir.

regardless, it does seem like in the months of feb/march his teams do lay a golden turd on the mid court logo

They've really only laid 2 eggs. They were just ostrich sized eggs so it seems like it has happened more.

You gotta go all the way back to last year for that one.

Did you think Iowa played good basketball in the BTT? I respectfully disagree that we played our best basketball at the end of the season. We played some good ball at the close of the conference season but the rubber meets the road at tournament time. Fran's teams have never really performed well in post season at least not when we have met quality competition. We quit playing defense and that bothered me more than losing.

Last edited:
Duke is down to Portland State at halftime. Every team struggles at times in basketball. The season is a long way from being over. Fran will kick the guys in the rear, they'll be fine. Go Hawks!

Did you think Iowa played good basketball in the BTT and NCAA tournaments? I respectfully disagree that we played our best basketball at the end of the season. We played some good ball at the close of the conference season but the rubber meets the road at tournament time. Fran's teams have never really performed well in post season at least not when we have met quality competition like once we got past the first round in the NCAA tournament last season. We quit playing defense in the post season and that bothered me more than dropping the games.

The guy asked when is the last time we played our best basketball in mid-late February/ march.

The guy asked when is the last time we played our best basketball in mid-late February/ march.

I can't speak for the other poster but I took the question to mean when is the last time we played our best basketball at the end of the season. Any way you slice it we swooned in post season and didn't look like the same team that ended the conference season on a high note. That fits in with the pattern from previous seasons. Well coached teams hit their stride in tournament play no matter how far they go and we have yet to see that from Fran.

We beat ISU, OSU, Minnesota and hopefully Nebraska today yet the football program is a dumpster fire? Granted losing to Purdue was terrible all the way around but I'm not going quite that far. I am pretty disappointed that being the 'developmental' program that we are always described as that they are regressing at this stage of the season. I am really bummed that the running game has been so bad. But all is not lost. Iowa has a QB for now and the future. 2 tackles that will only get better. Easley will be back and 2 young stud TEs. There's hope for the future.