Book It: Iowa in Playoffs

Outside chance of making it to the Big Ten championship game that is about as wacky as I am gonna get with predictions.

The more I see the more I love this team. We are built to do the things we do best. If BF can call a good game, and I dont see why he wont, I think we will be playing OSU again.

Sure we may have one loss, but it wont be in the B1G championship game.

We have a stud offensive line, 3 great RBs, a really good defensive line and a dynamic LB corp.

We are built to run the ball and stop the run. And I think our DL will pressure QBs all year.

Come on, boys, take a drink of the kool-aid
flat,800x800,075,f.u4.jpg

Ohio State and Penn State have 3 to our 1 at every position. We can't afford injuries, mistakes, bad officiating or anything like that to win games. I would take a split with these two and run with the money. Plus West favorites NW, Wisconsin, and Nebraska on the road. I like how this team is coming together, but the fans who gush about an undefeated season seem to be the ones that get down on the team the most later. If we get to 7 or 8 wins this year with the youth of this team I'll be a lot more optimistic next year when the schedule flips again.

9-3 and that's with a lot of luck. If Stanley can't move the ball in the air we will face eight in the box every game. Your not going to run through any good power five team with eight guys in the box. If the air attack is dismal the season will match. We will be lucky to be 6-6. I am hoping Stanley surprises everyone and emerges as one of the conferece's biggest surprises.

Last edited:
While I think it is not completely out of the realm of possibilities, it's a long shot to say the least.

I'm a big homer too, but to drink this kool aid I think you'll need to pass that bong down to SE Iowa................

As long as the refs don't screw us on every single call of every single game like they do in every football and basketball game, right?

Now, I wouldn't go that far...oh, wait, that's who you quoted...

We need the kind of break we got against Wisconsin in 2015 (Stave on the trip-over-the-OL-foot). Except, this year, we need it in three or four games.

Now, I wouldn't go that far...oh, wait, that's who you quoted...

We need the kind of break we got against Wisconsin in 2015 (Stave on the trip-over-the-OL-foot). Except, this year, we need it in three or four games.
Yeah. Listening to @ClintonIAfan in a game thread is only half a notch below Beth Mowins.

Last night's game is an extreeeeemely good reason to question this part of your logic. Did you only see the 4th qtr?

Yes. I will give you that. But we will only face a defense 2 more times that is that fast. Hopefully, he learned some things. And watching the 4th quarter, it looked like he did.

Dunno about the playoffs, but I will say that was the best team we will face this year. OSU's dline might be better but their offense and back 7 on D aren't

If we win out and can win the B1G Championship, we are in the playoffs. Michigan St had one heartbreaking loss to Nebraska in 2015 and went on to beat us in the B!G championship and make it to the playoffs. Tough schedule ahead but I can see us beating Ohio St. Wisconsin is a must win if we want to win the west.

Latest posts