Book It: Iowa in Playoffs

Motigerhawk

The more I see the more I love this team. We are built to do the things we do best. If BF can call a good game, and I dont see why he wont, I think we will be playing OSU again.

Sure we may have one loss, but it wont be in the B1G championship game.

We have a stud offensive line, 3 great RBs, a really good defensive line and a dynamic LB corp.

We are built to run the ball and stop the run. And I think our DL will pressure QBs all year.

Come on, boys, take a drink of the kool-aid

The more I see the more I love this team. We are built to do the things we do best. If BF can call a good game, and I dont see why he wont, I think we will be playing OSU again.

We have a stud offensive line, 3 great RBs, a really good defensive line and a dynamic LB corp.

We are built to run the ball and stop the run. And I think our DL will pressure QBs all year.

A drink of the kool-aid?! Dude, it's pretty obvious you joined Fonda and Hopper in the LSD scene from "Easy Rider."

I love Iowa football, and I like the potential for this team. But playoffs? No. Getting to B1G Championship Game would shock me. Winning it would be like...like...that acid trip Fonda and Hopper took in "Easy Rider."

I agree. Playing OSU in a rematch in the Conf Champ game and playing a rematch with Iowa State in the playoffs. Not sure if it will be in the semis or finals. Not willing to go that far out on a limb just yet.

History tells us that when Iowa is over looked and underappreciated, they excel.
Guess what is happening this season?

Nothing like August optimism. The best time of the year to be a Hawkeye Fan.

August-25-2011-20-08-24-0qHdk.jpeg

I think you been drinkin', and not Kool-aid. ;)

Ya know, I'm not going to go that far but I see what you are saying. I also like this team and how it is built as it is to Iowa's strengths with what they like to do. I think they will contend for the West championship. If Stanley can take care of the ball and manage that offense, who knows!??

I think they have a better chance of going 10-2 than they do of going 7-5.

History tells us that when Iowa is over looked and underappreciated, they excel.
Guess what is happening this season?

But, you realize for Iowa to get to the playoffs they'd have to pretty much go undefeated or with one loss (depending on who lost to). Point is 2015 was an anomaly as that just doesn't come around every year. I'd like for that to happen again, but the odds are severely stacked, especially with this years schedule. This team could be better than 2015 but have more losses if that makes any sense.

No way to the playoffs....too many question marks.

But I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to have a run at the divisional crown.....

Wisky - They have the same question mark at QB as we do since Hornibrook was pulled in favor of Houston down the stretch. We have the superior running backs and OL. They lost 2 stud LBs to the NFL and 2 other stud LBs are out for the year. The game against them is at home, but the visitor has won something like 7 straight games.

NW - Good QB/RB combo, but what do they do at receiver? Good DL. I actually think NW is a tougher out this year than Wisky.

Nebby - Unproven QB. Unproven RB. Until they can prove otherwise, they play soft.

Those are the competition in the West. The unfortunate thing is we have to play all 3 on the road. However, we also had to play all 3 on the road in 2015, and that turned out all right. With OSU and PSU also on the schedule this year, though, I think we have to sweep all 3 of the above divisional games to have a shot because of Wisky's easy schedule.

Not with an inexperienced QB and green-horn WR's (except MVB).

Nope, not going to book it. Not even going to jot it down.

we'd all love to see it happen but that's like picking the Iowa basketball team to win the whole enchilada. Sadly I know fan boys who do this

I agree this team has what it takes to be a championship team. I also think that they will make it, all the pieces are in place.

Somebody cubed your kool-aid dude. I do think the Hawkeyes are going to be pretty good though. Good enough that if teams look past them they might regret it.

Last edited:
I agree this team has what it takes to be a championship team. I also think that they will make it, all the pieces are in place.
As long as the refs don't screw us on every single call of every single game like they do in every football and basketball game, right?

Latest posts