Bold Prediction

familydc

Wisconsin goes on to win the West, beats Ohio State in the Big 10 championship, and the Big Ten does not represent in the CFP. Just my thoughts after observing the last few weeks of play. I think Ohio State is beatable with the Badgers defense. BTW, I hope I am dead wrong on all counts.

Wisky's D is about as salty as they come, but your bold prediction is likely wrong for two reasons. First, OSU's offense is scoring at a historically high rate. Nebraska has a legit D, and even they coughed up 20+ Wisky can contain, but not stop OSU. Second, Wisky's O lacks any difference makers on offense, especially at QB. Sure, they hung 25+ on a good Iowa D, but it was an Iowa D on the damn field the whole game.

Wisky can keep it close, but that's a 24-14 game for OSU.

OSU is too deep. Recruiting and depth trump everything including coaching. Everything.

OSU's 2nd and 3rd string players would all start at Iowa over all 22 of our starters with the exception of Linderbaum and maybe Jack Campbell. You can't beat that with any consistency. Alabama, same thing. Georgia, same thing. Michigan and Oklahoma to a degree as well.

Wisky might be the only team capable of stopping OSU, but their offense won't score enough to beat them.

Wisconsin goes on to win the West, beats Ohio State in the Big 10 championship, and the Big Ten does not represent in the CFP. Just my thoughts after observing the last few weeks of play. I think Ohio State is beatable with the Badgers defense. BTW, I hope I am dead wrong on all counts.

OSU is beatable because Oregon, not a powerhouse, already beat them. The Buckeye's own worst enemy on offense is themselves and their identity. They can really run the ball if they want but their coach Day, like at Nebby game, just kept passing the ball when they were not that in synch. Run the damn ball with Henderson and the other guy and then go deep because they have great receivers.

OSU defense is maybe becoming above average. Iowa kept Wisky from getting many big chunk runs and it was Wisky coach Chryst who won the game early by passing the ball a lot early and getting a nice lead.

Wisky could absolutely put some big-time hurries, if not flushes, on the OSU quarterback. The questions would then be if Mertz could ever again have the type of game he had last week when he was pinpoint accurate, and without Mellusi, could the young Allen hold up without fumbling returning to his repertoire. OSU does have some clever plays to pull out of the basket if they need them, which would just beat Wisky indoors in Indy.

OSU is too deep. Recruiting and depth trump everything including coaching. Everything.

OSU's 2nd and 3rd string players would all start at Iowa over all 22 of our starters with the exception of Linderbaum and maybe Jack Campbell. You can't beat that with any consistency. Alabama, same thing. Georgia, same thing. Michigan and Oklahoma to a degree as well.
Politely disagree. Matt+Riley and a good handful of others. But D will be stepping up starting Sat.. As Al Davis used to say, Just win baby! Starts Saturday.Stretch run.Need Moss to let Campbell Blitz as a option. Jack did real well vs psu.Tory,Caleb and Charlie,tough 3.some. D steps forward.

What? Surely Iowa is going to win out, Wisc is getting upset by Neb, Pur gets beat by OSU and then IOWA goes to the CCG and shuts out OSU!

Yup, thats what is going to happen

Family, I agree. This is very likely. Ironic after all that time and prestige of so many B1G teams residing in the top ten this season.

I thought Nebraska had a shot at beating them. And they did have a shot at beating them.

Purdue can beat OSU. The problem is they're coming of a huge win. Just like Iowa was coming off a great win, MSU was coming off a huge win and now its on PUrdue ...coming off a huge win.

The big problem for any Big Ten West team is beating OSU when OSU is giving their undivided attention (as would be the case in the Big Ten Championship game w/the CFP on the line).

It's a tall task, no one in the West is even in the same zip code for talent.

Wisconsin will not beat OSU with that QB.
^^^ I agree with this. To beat OSU you have to be able to generate some offense without the help of special teams, turnovers and defense. A typical Wisky game manager type at quarterback THIS YEAR would have a shot at taking down OSU.

Btw, Braelon Allen that kid is going to be a monster. He is 17 and already built like a tank.

Wisconsin gets upset by Nebraska at Camp Randall. They are so disheartened that MN blows them out at home. Iowa wins out and goes to Indy.

Wisky fans approve this thread. anything is possible I suppose but man OSU looks dang good and I'm not sure Wisky could keep up. Even if they held OSU to under 30ish and that'd be dang good I dunno if they could score that much on them.