Boise State vs. Michigan State-OFFICIAL GAME THREAD IS OFFICIAL

Neither did Alabama last season but they did have a stud running back and elite defense. MSU appears to have the same. Hate to say it because Iowa isn't even close but MSU has a shot at a national title this year.

Ok you have said some dumb things on here, but this takes the cake.

Sparty's defense is good but it is nowhere near what Alabama's was. Boise's receivers were getting open against both corners-- their QB just wasn't good enough to take advantage. I am not seeing it at this point. It think it's more likely that they blow up and go 7-5 than that they run the table. But if I had to make a prediction, I'd say 9-3.

Agreed. I think there's a decent chance Iowa finishes ahead of MSU.

If Ryno says they are going to win the national title then they are most definitely going to win the national title

#RynoTalk

I didn't say they will, I said they have a CHANCE. Alabama wasn't impressive at QB last year but if you can run the ball and have an elite defense they have a shot. MSU has best defense in Big Ten bar none. Bell is a workhorse. Didn't MSU even have 4 turnovers and still win?

I didn't say they will, I said they have a CHANCE. Alabama wasn't impressive at QB last year but if you can run the ball and have an elite defense they have a shot. MSU has best defense in Big Ten bar none. Bell is a workhorse. Didn't MSU even have 4 turnovers and still win?

MSU has a good defense but not elite. And certainly not a national championship caliber type of D like Alabama.

The corners for MSU were getting beat all night. Boise doesn't have a QB that could get his WR's the ball.

Best defense in the Big Ten bar none when you have seen one other big ten team play? You are a clown

And they have NO CHANCE at a national title

Bus, media and fans have said since last year that MSU has best defense. They backed it up tonight.

I will say again its impossible to say BAR NONE who has the best D until we have seen a few games. If you cant agree with that you are impossible and please dont post again until your standard "Iowa State looks good" post and "Iowa is in trouble against ISU" post tomorrow at 3 pm

I don't buy it. They probably have the most early-round NFL picks of anyone in the Big Ten. But they play about as undisciplined as any group you'll see. MSU had ten penalties tonight, and 6-7 were on the defense, including three personal fouls. The defensive play-calling was also bizarre-- no safety help when Boise's only success had been going deep? In terms of defense, I'd take Michigan and Wisconsin over them. Maybe a couple of other teams in the mix as well.

And they aren't going to go too far if they rely on one guy for over 50% of their offensive plays.

Bus, media and fans have said since last year that MSU has best defense. They backed it up tonight.

Well $hit, it must be true then if the fans and media are saying it before games have been played.

Might as well cancel the season and just let USC and Bama play for the title right now since the media and fans seem to think they are the 2 best teams.

Well $hit, it must be true then if the fans and media are saying it before games have been played.

Might as well cancel the season and just let USC and Bama play for the title right now since the media and fans seem to think they are the 2 best teams.

Its gonna suck for MSU and their fans when their Bar None (TM) best D in the big ten finished 3rd in the BCS and miss out on the NC game

Bar None (TM) that would be so frustrating

44 carries for Bell? on pace for over 400? Let me know how that works out for you MSU....

Prediction: If they keep that up....by the time the Hawks arrive in East Lansing...there won't be much left of Bell to carry the ball.

Its gonna suck for MSU and their fans when their Bar None (TM) best D in the big ten finished 3rd in the BCS and miss out on the NC game

We saw how good they were last season and they didn't look like they declined any tonight. That's why most would pick MSU defense as tops in Big Ten. Who else is better?

Maybe Maxwell will improve and to go along with the bar none best D in the Big Ten they will have the bar none best O in the Big Ten as well and win the NC.

We saw how good they were last season and they didn't look like they declined any tonight. That's why most would pick MSU defense as tops in Big Ten. Who else is better?

Big difference between possibly the best defense in the Big Ten and national title contender. QB is going to be an issue for them all year

Ever hear of Wisconsin and Ohio St? I'm not saying they are better but those 2 could be by the end of the year.

Big difference between possibly the best defense in the Big Ten and national title contender. Plus QB is going to be an issue for them all year

True but a great defense is key to winning championships. Maxwell does have to improve but all he needs to do is manage the game. Not trying to argue, just read a lot of tweets and recaps of game that had similar thoughts so was just asking.

Latest posts