Boise St. vs Alabama for the title

bcl20

Who would win?

I think Boise could take them. Utah beat the crap out of Alabama last year. Why not?

I don't think last year's bowl game is any indication of what would happen this year. Remember, the SEC championship game took it out of Alabama. They were a young team, and emotionally didn't recover from that loss to Florida. That bowl game was the game of their life for the Utah players, where Alabama players were "disappointed" to be there.

I said it before when I thought the Hawks were going to get Boise State in the Fiesta - BSU would not have a chance against a physical, big offensive and defensive line. The Hawks would have handled BSU with relative ease, and Alabama would have also. Both teams are far too big and physical for BSU.

Boise State is a good team, but you put them against the Florida, Iowa, Alabama, OSU, etc. that come with size and athleticism in the trenches, and they would be out of their league. Oregon was not that type of team, and OSU showed what happens when finesse teams try to handle physical, athletic teams. I think the Boise State faithful would tell you that they were very happy with their matchup against TCU.

I don't know. Oklahoma was supposed to manhandle them, granted it was a different Boise team but the same basic idea.

Plus if you went the mental edge (Alabama being decimated after a Florida loss last year). Playing Boise could have a let down effect.

I really like the Boise St. program and hope they get their shot at some point (hopefully it's against Iowa next year and they get stomped)

Last edited:
I doubt Bama would have a letdown against Boise State if it was for the national championship. I am with you though. I was very impressed with Boise State. I actually think their loss against TCU last year was partly due to the letdown factor. BSU is at the point now where they want/need a big time program to prove their worth. Getting a chance at redemption this year was great motivation for them.

They are very well-coached, and I think they would play with the Bama, Florida, OSU and Iowa's of the world. I think in the end the physicality would get the best of them. With the right matchup in the championship (G.Tech, Oregon, etc.) they could pull it off.

Latest posts