Bohnenkamp: Hawkeyes Pay Price for Letting Up in Loss to Indiana

We can see how Indiana's defense effectively doubled on Luka with great success and so can every other coach in the league. I would suspect that that game film will be the most viewed in the league now.
My hope is that Fran THROUGHLY addresses this in practice and will not allow this to happen again going forward.
Indiana not only ran a great double team on Garza, but the other 3 guys did their job and cut off Garzas' passing lanes to the guys who could hurt you from deep. Not every team in the league has the ability to pull that off. Garza has been doubled and tripled all year long. What killed us I thought was him not being able to pass it to a wide open shooter or someone cutting to the rim. That and when he did find someone open we bricked it.

Always nice to see Wisconsin get beat, and at home. It does happen
Watched the whole game. Ohio State was generally in control from the get go and had an answer for everything Wisconsin threw at it.

The patrons at Gooch's Greenhouse in Kieler Wisconsin weren't too happy, however. The BBQ wings and beer were still good. So was Cuba City basketball, which rang up another 90 burger. And thats without Brayden Dailey, who gets the cast removed from his broken wrist next week.

Watched the whole game. Ohio State was generally in control from the get go and had an answer for everything Wisconsin threw at it.

The patrons at Gooch's Greenhouse in Kieler Wisconsin weren't too happy, however. The BBQ wings and beer were still good. So was Cuba City basketball, which rang up another 90 burger. And thats without Brayden Dailey, who gets the cast removed from his broken wrist next week.
I watched it as well. The B1G is just down right brutal. I'm looking ahead at Iowa's schedule and I see a lot of road games and not a lot of wins. If this team doesn't start playing defense better, rebounding better, etc. Now Wisconsin lives AND dies by that 3 and we were on the receiving end of that as well. I am still somewhat convinced that we are always a tad behind when trying to match our opponent on defense and running our offense. Everything is geared around the All American and runs through him. I get it, but we lack quickness, on both ends. God, I hope I'm wrong about the rest of our schedule and we grab a couple of wins on the road.

I watched it as well. The B1G is just down right brutal. I'm looking ahead at Iowa's schedule and I see a lot of road games and not a lot of wins. If this team doesn't start playing defense better, rebounding better, etc. Now Wisconsin lives AND dies by that 3 and we were on the receiving end of that as well. I am still somewhat convinced that we are always a tad behind when trying to match our opponent on defense and running our offense. Everything is geared around the All American and runs through him. I get it, but we lack quickness, on both ends. God, I hope I'm wrong about the rest of our schedule and we grab a couple of wins on the road.
Yes. The Big 10 is definitely brutal. Fortunately we’ve already won 3 out of 4 on the road. And everybody else has to play 10 brutal road games...and 10 really tough home games.

At the outset of this season, if I had been asked if I would be satisfied with the record we now have, I would have posted a full voice “yes.”

Are you saying we need to start playing better than we did vs Indiana, or we need to start playing better than we have in general all season?

The thing about being ranked high all season is more people pay attention to our games. If we can win against IL and osu, I don't see a repeat of what we saw in our next match up against Indiana. I think our play will be better. Win that and I think the loss will be "forgiven" by the selection committee as the loss will be viewed as an outlier off night.

Latest posts