Bohannon-Street Story a National Treasure for Scandalized Sport

Add this selfless gesture by JBO to the WAVE, and that the Iowa Hawkeye Athletes had the second highest graduation rate in the BT. I want more "wins" like everyone else. But, graduating and doing it right count for those of us who have been lifelong educators, coaches, and hold the line to high personal standards for the young people that we mentor. This, in a country that now is giving consideration to having to arm our teachers with guns in order to keep school kids alive. That is just tragic. Never, in my 72 years on earth, did I expect to see this during my lifetime. Hey, and congrats to JBO and TC and the Bear for their all conference recognition!

Who cares , he's still a great basketball player and I am very sure, a great person. He deserved to be recognized for his hard works on campus and off campus.

You know, its been a rough season and I have tossed out criticism like all the rest of you....but this is a heart warmer.
Hats off to the young man who obviously thinks more of others than himself.

Add this selfless gesture by JBO to the WAVE, and that the Iowa Hawkeye Athletes had the second highest graduation rate in the BT. I want more "wins" like everyone else. But, graduating and doing it right count...!
yep. Could be the two best moments in college sports this season happened in Iowa — both looking up and giving a wave to others

Not meant to be critical but wouldn't it make more sense to miss the one prior to tying the record?

I see your point. Nothing wrong with sharing the record, I think now with the relationship that Jordan and the Streets have developed. I feel they are honored that he is the one to tie it with Chris. Actually, I dont recall the game situation for the tying FT. Maybe he needed to make it??

Add this selfless gesture by JBO to the WAVE, and that the Iowa Hawkeye Athletes had the second highest graduation rate in the BT. I want more "wins" like everyone else. But, graduating and doing it right count for those of us who have been lifelong educators, coaches, and hold the line to high personal standards for the young people that we mentor. This, in a country that now is giving consideration to having to arm our teachers with guns in order to keep school kids alive. That is just tragic. Never, in my 72 years on earth, did I expect to see this during my lifetime. Hey, and congrats to JBO and TC and the Bear for their all conference recognition!

I was going to post something similar. Add to that Iowa is NOT mentioned in any investigation. Outsiders can say Iowa gets it and is doing it right.

If someone cares to look at the record book in the future or if JB or someone approaches the record again, he or she will see that it's shared by JB and CS. They will remember or be told of the story of why they are tied. I think JB did it right.

If someone cares to look at the record book in the future or if JB or someone approaches the record again, he or she will see that it's shared by JB and CS. They will remember or be told of the story of why they are tied. I think JB did it right.
Yup. This way JBs name will be brought up too which deservedly it would be. If Street holds it alone as the years go by memory of this could fade. I can see the angle of not tying it from a selflessness standpoint as well and certainly wouldn't have had a problem if that's how he would have chosen to do it. But I'm glad this is what he did.

The miss may have cost JB the B1G free throw shooting title. Had he made both ends of the the one-and-one, he would have been at 91.8. I don't think he cares.

The miss may have cost JB the B1G free throw shooting title. Had he made both ends of the the one-and-one, he would have been at 91.8. I don't think he cares.

Nobody cares who lead the B1G in free throw percentage 5 years ago, but this will be remembered for a long time.

On a side note (and before someone jumps in and accuses me of reverse big brother syndrome, this was prompted by the comments of my kid who goes to another University)... isn't it funny how this kind of feel good story always seems to happen at Iowa...and never at our cross-state rival. I'm sure it's one of the many things that gets under their skin

Wow, I knew he was good but didn't realize he was 2nd. Agree, I don't think he cares and he has another two years to come out on top. A nice bar to try to achieve again.