Bohannon, Cook Lead Hawkeyes to Win Against UAB

Yay! A win. I will watch the replay on Flohoops tonight after work. Still doesn't sound like the defense was stellar.

You should win most games shooting 60%.

That's the bad news. Bohannon lit it up and we shot great at the free throw line (I guess I never saw the final stat so maybe not great??) And we still had trouble putting away a bad team. It is all but impossible to beat an even average team when you give up as many uncontested shots at the rim as we have the last 3 games.

At this point we are better off conceding 3 point tries and packing the lane tight with a zone. Don't even do a fake closeout on the shooter like they do now. Just crash the boards.

Giving up 10+ offensive rebounds isn’t going to help either. Iowa has way too much length to be getting out rebounded by large margins.

Sure was cool watching Bohannon make 4 3s in 5 possessions tho. I'm not sure I've ever seen that.

Great games from both Iowa basketball teams today! That was fun I need a break before the volleyball game against Illinois tonight. That should be a good one too.

That's the bad news. Bohannon lit it up and we shot great at the free throw line (I guess I never saw the final stat so maybe not great??) And we still had trouble putting away a bad team. It is all but impossible to beat an even average team when you give up as many uncontested shots at the rim as we have the last 3 games.

At this point we are better off conceding 3 point tries and packing the lane tight with a zone. Don't even do a fake closeout on the shooter like they do now. Just crash the boards.

Interior D again is just atrocious. Teams just go into the post at will. I know that it's en vogue to just blame Jordan, cause it's an easy target and he's not great, but from watching these games, I am more disappointed with our bigs D and it's not even close.

tenor.gif

Interior D again is just atrocious. Teams just go into the post at will. I know that it's en vogue to just blame Jordan, cause it's an easy target and he's not great, but from watching these games, I am more disappointed with our bigs D and it's not even close.

I agree it's not close. Its amazing how often guys are wide open under the hoop and no one has a clue they're there. Then they over help when they don't need to and leave a guy wide open, or they don't help when they need to and let a guy get all the way to the hoop uncontested. Right now they can't do anything right. I'm really hoping it's from lack of effort.