Boetger upgraded

don't forget he is walking on vs getting a scholarship, and who know where he ends up playing in at least 3 years, thats plenty of time for Dolyle to work his magic on this kid
and Vencus a DE commit out of Florida was 6'4 220 lbs
Tsopinidas was 6'2 242 lbs
in the past this staff made a living on getting these type of players and building them up
Bigach was 6'3 212 lbs, and he ended up starting as a RSSR at 6'3 282 lbs
the biggest change in Recruiting is that Iowa is now getting the bigger and more ready to play in a year VS the 3-4 developemental players
this is very eveident by just looking at the Depth Chart by looking at who either started or played on the OL and DL
Blythe started as a RSFR and Walsh played as a RSFR
Scherff and Donnal started as RSSO's on the offense
Ott played as a true FR
Spears and Cooper played as RSFR
Davis and LTP played as RSSO
on defense to say this team will be worse is dead wrong this years team was very very young in the trenches, and next fall we will have 2 solidRB's returning that combined for 1328 yards rushing and 257
yards receiving
Canzeri had 114 yards rushing and 28 yards receiving in the Oklahoma game,

You can stop posting any time now. All one has to to do is read one of your posts; the rest are just recycled garbage of said post. Will someone please ban this clown? JM? Duff? Anyone??!!!

don't forget he is walking on vs getting a scholarship, and who know where he ends up playing in at least 3 years, thats plenty of time for Dolyle to work his magic on this kid
and Vencus a DE commit out of Florida was 6'4 220 lbs
Tsopinidas was 6'2 242 lbs
in the past this staff made a living on getting these type of players and building them up
Bigach was 6'3 212 lbs, and he ended up starting as a RSSR at 6'3 282 lbs
the biggest change in Recruiting is that Iowa is now getting the bigger and more ready to play in a year VS the 3-4 developemental players
this is very eveident by just looking at the Depth Chart by looking at who either started or played on the OL and DL
Blythe started as a RSFR and Walsh played as a RSFR
Scherff and Donnal started as RSSO's on the offense
Ott played as a true FR
Spears and Cooper played as RSFR
Davis and LTP played as RSSO
on defense to say this team will be worse is dead wrong this years team was very very young in the trenches, and next fall we will have 2 solidRB's returning that combined for 1328 yards rushing and 257
yards receiving
Canzeri had 114 yards rushing and 28 yards receiving in the Oklahoma game,

Do you just pull these stats out of your a$$?!? Canzeri absolutely DID NOT have "114 yds rushing" in the bowl game vs Oklahoma. Seriously, what would it take for you to just go the **** away for good?!?

Iowa Hawkeyes vs. Oklahoma Sooners - Box Score - December 30, 2011 - ESPN

if you don't like it put me on ignore
I don't go around calling other posters names, I follow the rules
AND I don't go around trashing the PLAYERS, RECRUITS OR Coaches
oh wait that's what pisses you off the most

if you don't like it put me on ignore
I don't go around calling other posters names, I follow the rules
AND I don't go around trashing the PLAYERS, RECRUITS OR Coaches
oh wait that's what pisses you off the most

You call people "haters" and call anyone out who doesn't agree with you that every single kid who is recruited, commits or plays for Iowa isn't that great. I agree calling names doesn't solve anything but YOU don't like anyone who doesn't agree with you and you just call them "hater" and go on a rant about how much they hate Ferentz. It gets old, if you want people to be nice to you, maybe you should learn how to relax a little bit.

maybe its time for people to staop trashing every recruit that Iowa gets. or trashing KF for not getting a certain recruit to commit, that needs to stop as well

maybe its time for people to staop trashing every recruit that Iowa gets. or trashing KF for not getting a certain recruit to commit, that needs to stop as well

Red, I agree, it should but again you are one of the most optimistic people on this board that KF will turn things around and that these kids are going to be great. Sometimes it is harder for some people to overcome their own expectations than realize reality. You see optimism, others don't your expectation is that they will turn things around and if they don't you will focus on the good things about the team. Others expectations are different, they don't like the outcome, some grumble, some yell, some flip out and go one never ending rants, day after day.

I think people need to realize that KF isn't happen with the state of the program. Yes, he has a big contract but he is and will always be a competitor. But he isn't going to panic or call people out by names, he never has! He is the king of coach speak but he clearly knows what happened this year can't happen again.

the problem is the recruiting HAS improved, coaching change were made, these were all needed
in the improved recruiting Iowa is no longer getting 12-14 "2*" recruits and maybe 1-2 4* commits
in the last 3 years again Iowa has landed
15 "4* recruits
41 "3*" recruits
and just 15 "2*' recruit for 5 "2*" recruits per year of which 3 have been kickers
even this year Iowas has verbals from JUST 2 "2*" RECRUITS. in a LS who is walking on and Boetger a 2* on ESPN BUT was upgraded to a 3* on rivals
the rest are 3* players with Young a 4* by Max Preps who has ben around far longer than either scout or rivals, and probably longer than ESPN
ESPN LISTS Wisnieski as a 4*, now its time for these players to develope and get experience just as many did this year, don't believe me just look at the depth chart to see how many young people played and then check their ranking out of HS
Ballard was a 4* TE who switched to DE and ended up switching between DE/DT and got Drafted
Clayborn was 4* DE who ended up being drafted neither really did much til the middle of their sophamore year
Klug was a 2* LB who switched to the DL and had a very good career, this was a problem with last year and this year, not enough quality depth and not enough experience.
but you look at it thru the debbie downers or negative nancy glasses all you want, but the future is no as bad as some want it to be so they can get their wsish of KF getting fired to get a YOUNGER COACH

the problem is the recruiting HAS improved, coaching change were made, these were all needed
in the improved recruiting Iowa is no longer getting 12-14 "2*" recruits and maybe 1-2 4* commits
in the last 3 years again Iowa has landed
15 "4* recruits
41 "3*" recruits
and just 15 "2*' recruit for 5 "2*" recruits per year of which 3 have been kickers
even this year Iowas has verbals from JUST 2 "2*" RECRUITS. in a LS who is walking on and Boetger a 2* on ESPN BUT was upgraded to a 3* on rivals
the rest are 3* players with Young a 4* by Max Preps who has ben around far longer than either scout or rivals, and probably longer than ESPN
ESPN LISTS Wisnieski as a 4*, now its time for these players to develope and get experience just as many did this year, don't believe me just look at the depth chart to see how many young people played and then check their ranking out of HS
Ballard was a 4* TE who switched to DE and ended up switching between DE/DT and got Drafted
Clayborn was 4* DE who ended up being drafted neither really did much til the middle of their sophamore year
Klug was a 2* LB who switched to the DL and had a very good career, this was a problem with last year and this year, not enough quality depth and not enough experience.
but you look at it thru the debbie downers or negative nancy glasses all you want, but the future is no as bad as some want it to be so they can get their wsish of KF getting fired to get a YOUNGER COACH

Recruiting has improved in '10 and '11, this year is better but not as good in my opinion. You can keep quoting stars and stats but they have to come in and contribute before any of it matters. I can look at this staff and team however I want because I am an adult, but as an adult I realize that you are entitled to your opinion as well. You on the other than seem to think that calling names like "debbie downer" or "negative nancy" is appropriate just because I don't agree with you.

I never said that I wanted a younger coach, no one has, they just want a coach who is willing to adapt. Ferentz is married to his style of game. A lot of people don't like his style of play so when it doesn't work, yeah they load on the critizism.

Again tell me how you don't call names and respect other's opinions when you clearly argue with everyone who doesn't agree with you and call them haters and crap like that.

Indiana has 4 4*s.. and 6 2*s.. that's gotta be one of the biger spreads.

The question is.. one class is nice.. but once Kenney is in the program and isn't just recruiting friends.. can they sustain that? Probably not.

How can that not prompt an investigation?? (Kenney's Dad being hired?) The NCAA will probably take a look at it 4-5 years from now.

How can that not prompt an investigation?? (Kenney's Dad being hired?) The NCAA will probably take a look at it 4-5 years from now.

3 out of the 4 - 4* guys are from Indiana. Probably have parents or relatives who are alumni or something, I don't know.

I think jumping to a conclusion that the NCAA needs to investigate Indiana because they have 4-4* guys seems a bit dramatic.

32054311.jpg

He may be small, but he's slow.

Aw Jeez. about 30 years ago I heard a guy make that statement, regarding our high school football team. (It was very true) Think this is the first time I've heard it since. Was fun to hear it again.

You can stop posting any time now. All one has to to do is read one of your posts; the rest are just recycled garbage of said post. Will someone please ban this clown? JM? Duff? Anyone??!!!

Speak for yourself; I rather enjoy redhawk's posts since they usually contain facts, rather than the insults you seem fascinated with. (admittedly, you are right about Canzeri vs OK...had far fewer yards than Redhawk claimed.)

Last edited:
Aw Jeez. about 30 years ago I heard a guy make that statement, regarding our high school football team. (It was very true) Think this is the first time I've heard it since. Was fun to hear it again.

Man, if coach would have put me in the 4th quarter, we'd be state champs.

I bet I could throw a football over that mountain.

Speak for yourself; I rather enjoy redhawk's posts since they contain facts, rather than the insults you seem fascinated with.

I agree name calling is pointless but at the same time ol'Red needs to take a chill pill, anyone who doesn't agree with him or questions Ferentz he is calling them "haters" and goes off on a page long rant and lists off stats, star ratings and measureables of every player in Iowa history.

I like Red, he is a good dude but he isn't innocent either.

certain posters hate my positive attitude I may make a mistake but ussually I do back it up with facts concerning, what the future looks like for this Team..
to many nexpected 1st time starters to play like 3 year starters

certain posters hate my positive attitude I may make a mistake but ussually I do back it up with facts concerning, what the future looks like for this Team..
to many nexpected 1st time starters to play like 3 year starters

A lot of people don't have patience. I think Garmon was the prime example, yes he was highly recruited but he didn't stand a chance with the expectations people put on that kid.

true. this is to much of I want it now
even when Fran got here there were many claiming he needed to go out and get JUCO's to win NOW.

true. this is to much of I want it now
even when Fran got here there were many claiming he needed to go out and get JUCO's to win NOW.

Well that is what Freddie boy kind of did with transfers and he turned out ok. I like the way Fran is doing it but either way can work, just depends on each team.

Latest posts