Boetger upgraded

redhawk55

Banned
to a 3* on Rivals, ESPN will not rerate any recruits til after Jan 1st.
Powell was just given 3*'s as well
this means the recruits by Rivals are all but 1 a 3*, with Hill being the lone 4*.
nobody is a 2*.
also Blythe's little brother is walking on
6'1 235 lbs DT

success-kid.jpg

Boetger was upgraded to a 3* on Rivals. ESPN will not rerate any recruits until January 1st.
Powell was just given 3*s as well.
This means the recruits (according to Rivals) are all but 1 a 3*, with Hill being the lone 4*. No more 2*s.
Also, Blythe's little brother is walking on: 6'1 235 lbs DT

I guess I don't really know a whole lot about the sizes of most true freshman walkons, but this seems little for a DT. Even if Doyle put 50lbs on him he's still 285. Maybe DE?

it is a ?, but Donavan Johnson DT who got a scholarship out of TX was just 6'2 240 lbs when he signed,
with this kid he will probably not see playing time before his RSJR year, unless they switch him. at 6'1 he would make a nice DT. LTP is only 270 lbs, Klug only weighed about 270 lbs.

he is solid, but Ilke him at DE with that size and speed, he would make a very good rush end.
and he played both for CF.. 6'6 230 LBS just add about 30-35 lbs.
looking at the roster we have Coble a RSSO next fall, Duzzy a RSSO next fall, then you have Kittle a RSFR next Fall, who switched from WR, and Wisnieski coming in this Spring. TE is not a big need but a DE is,
but this is just my opinion, the coaches have the final say on how and where he is used as a player

Indiana has 4 4*s.. and 6 2*s.. that's gotta be one of the biger spreads.

The question is.. one class is nice.. but once Kenney is in the program and isn't just recruiting friends.. can they sustain that? Probably not.

it will take 2 years minimum before they start to shine but they will probably start from day one and struggle, but with the talent in Indiana, this year alone they have 1 5*, 6 4* and 13 3* kids.
compared to the 1 4* and 5 3* players that Iowa produced this year
back in 2012 Indiana had 2 4* and 23 3* kids compared to 1 4* and 1 3* that Iowa had in 2012.
with the talent discrepency between the 2 states, with the right coach they should do pretty good.
ND goes nation wide to get recruits, that just leaves Purdue to compete against for instate talent.

it is a ?, but Donavan Johnson DT who got a scholarship out of TX was just 6'2 240 lbs when he signed,
with this kid he will probably not see playing time before his RSJR year, unless they switch him. at 6'1 he would make a nice DT. LTP is only 270 lbs, Klug only weighed about 270 lbs.

While all these numbers are great, I think we need bigger DT's. 270 is enough for 2 quarters.

While all these numbers are great, I think we need bigger DT's. 270 is enough for 2 quarters.

More often than not, size matters with DT's. That just aren't that many Matt Krouls or Mitch Kings anymore.

Although, you have to be able to do something with that size, I mean look at Carl Davis, he is 6'5" 310ish and he hasn't played the best. I almost thing it is harder for him to get low because he is so tall, most interior linemen are usually around 6'2".

Allen Trui (spelled name wrong) of Scout, believes that Daniels who while back was upgraded to a 3star feels there is a good chance that he could get bumped up to a 4.

go tell LTP he is to little to play DT. or you can tell KF ke made a mistake by Recruiting Ekakitie because he is to small.

go tell LTP he is to little to play DT. or you can tell KF ke made a mistake by Recruiting Ekakitie because he is to small.

Easy Red! LTP put on a ton of weight to play DT (something like 40 pounds), he struggled with the weight for quite a while. He almost quit the team last year at this time.

Ekakitie isn't too small he isn't like Carl Davis or Jaleel Johnson but he is decently large dude. Nothing like Austin Blythe's little brother, he is bout 25 or 30 pounds smaller than the guys you named.

don't forget he is walking on vs getting a scholarship, and who know where he ends up playing in at least 3 years, thats plenty of time for Dolyle to work his magic on this kid
and Vencus a DE commit out of Florida was 6'4 220 lbs
Tsopinidas was 6'2 242 lbs
in the past this staff made a living on getting these type of players and building them up
Bigach was 6'3 212 lbs, and he ended up starting as a RSSR at 6'3 282 lbs
the biggest change in Recruiting is that Iowa is now getting the bigger and more ready to play in a year VS the 3-4 developemental players
this is very eveident by just looking at the Depth Chart by looking at who either started or played on the OL and DL
Blythe started as a RSFR and Walsh played as a RSFR
Scherff and Donnal started as RSSO's on the offense
Ott played as a true FR
Spears and Cooper played as RSFR
Davis and LTP played as RSSO
on defense to say this team will be worse is dead wrong this years team was very very young in the trenches, and next fall we will have 2 solidRB's returning that combined for 1328 yards rushing and 257
yards receiving
Canzeri had 114 yards rushing and 28 yards receiving in the Oklahoma game,

Latest posts