Bob Diaco

I remember being about 10 years old at one of my first Iowa games at Kinnick in about maybe 1993? The one thing that I remember most about the game was hearing "Bobby Diaco with the tackle" likes 15 times on the loudspeaker. Me and my friend kept laughing because we thought his name was kind of funny to say. But man looking back on it that guy seemed to be a hell of a defensive player. If he's puts as much effort into coaching I bet he'd be a great coach too.

Just got done watching college football live and they had Bob Diaco on set for the entire program and I came away really impressed with him. Well spoken guy with a lot of energy and great perspective on college football. He talked about the struggles of college assistants, making $19,000 a year and his family eating bean sandwiches 2 days ago to make ends meet. But the thing that I really took away is how much he loves the hawks. He couldn't stop talking about them to the point that the other guys on set started giving him crap about it. Guy bleeds black and gold. Hopefully he can get the UCONN program turned around and put in good hands and whenever Ole man river decides to hang up the notepad he loves writing on that Diaco be the man to turn this Hawkeye program around.

You have a pretty good post count to thumbs up ratio.

Oh my god, Diaco didn't call our season unacceptable did he? How many times have these guys been told it was just disappointing. Stick to the Ferentz talking points please.

In perfect KF form, we will win the bowl game and look good doing it. We will then play the following regular season exactly like this season...inexplicable losses and ineffective offense in big games to lose close ones.

Oh my god, Diaco didn't call our season unacceptable did he? How many times have these guys been told it was just disappointing. Stick to the Ferentz talking points please.

In perfect KF form, we will win the bowl game and look good doing it. We will then play the following regular season exactly like this season...inexplicable losses and ineffective offense in big games to lose close ones.

If CJB started and we looked good beating a SEC team, I'd be pretty freaking happy.

What will happen is KF will trot out JR, let CJ play 2 series, and we get beat by 3.....then I'm not so excited.

Diaco has the look, and he has promise. It's not hard to visualize him as KFz's replacement.

I'd love to see him win 9 and 10 with UCONN the next two years and take over for Kirk, but he's just not there yet. He needs to have a "wow" season, or two. Too young and unproven.

I think having a 9 or 10 win season at UCONN in the near future would be enough of a WOW factor to gain attention from programs other then Iowa. That said as much hyping as he was doing for the Hawks you wonder if he knows something we don't.

No thanks, the only coach I trust to turn iowa around, get the right recruits to come in, return iowa to the bullies of the big ten, is Bielema. Bret has proven he can recruit very well in the big ten, and win. The only other guy may be bob stoops, but I doubt hed come to iowa. Plus hawk fans will sell out kinnick again if we got bret. Diaco would a great DC for iowa, not head coach. Its Bielema, or become Illinois/purdue. Do the right thing Barta.

No thanks, the only coach I trust to turn iowa around, get the right recruits to come in, return iowa to the bullies of the big ten, is Bielema. Bret has proven he can recruit very well in the big ten, and win. The only other guy may be bob stoops, but I doubt hed come to iowa. Plus hawk fans will sell out kinnick again if we got bret. Diaco would a great DC for iowa, not head coach. Its Bielema, or become Illinois/purdue. Do the right thing Barta.
I think Diaco is a sneaky 2nd in line to Brett Bielema... Timing is so important as to when a coach is available to take a job. If things snow ball just the right way in a year or two maybe Iowa gets the best of both worlds Brett B to be HC and Diaco as DC? What if the Uconn job is too tough for him to turn around nobody else would throw him a head coaching gig would they? Just dreaming on my keyboard here...

++++++++++++
CLASSIC 1ST POST
++++++++++++

A walk off home run on the first pitch. LOL !

one post and walk away. who does that?

Capture1_zpsde04f319.jpg

Capture_zps89a0c6d9.jpg

I no have the thumbs upsy downsy thingy? Where you get this?

EDIT: nevermind, found it in General Settings. Profile Skin should be "New HN" I guess....

Last edited: