Bob Diaco

ASimps28

Just got done watching college football live and they had Bob Diaco on set for the entire program and I came away really impressed with him. Well spoken guy with a lot of energy and great perspective on college football. He talked about the struggles of college assistants, making $19,000 a year and his family eating bean sandwiches 2 days ago to make ends meet. But the thing that I really took away is how much he loves the hawks. He couldn't stop talking about them to the point that the other guys on set started giving him crap about it. Guy bleeds black and gold. Hopefully he can get the UCONN program turned around and put in good hands and whenever Ole man river decides to hang up the notepad he loves writing on that Diaco be the man to turn this Hawkeye program around.

[h=2]We have a short list of coaches here on the forum. I can neither confirm nor deny if he is on it.[/h]

I'll have to watch it....Based on that post above, makes me wonder if BD has his eye on the Iowa job.

I am really pulling for Diaco to do well at UConn. I have been a fan of his since he landed at Notre Dame ... If he is successful there then maybe he could be in strong consideration for the Iowa job. I like his background ... having played at Iowa ... understanding the culture at the U of Iowa ... I like his age (41) ... I like his demeanor, I like his experience (Virginia, Cincinnati, Notre Dame, UConn) ... I like he was named top assistant in 2012 ... Now, can he win as the guy running the entire show? I hope so. If he can get UConn on track I think he eventually will be a serious contender to possibly take over at Iowa ...

No thanks. Connecticut was 2-10 and lost to then 0-11 SMU the final game. They have never been worse.

Whenever I read over on the SBNation blog, it always seems as though the ND Fandom over there blames Bobby Diaco for a lot of their recruiting failures. Whether it was the wrong numbers or the wrong skillsets.. they usually mention Diaco (and Kelly) with regularity.

I certainly like him. He seems passionate and a bit fiery. But that is certainly something I've read out there a couple times now that is interesting.

Whenever I read over on the SBNation blog, it always seems as though the ND Fandom over there blames Bobby Diaco for a lot of their recruiting failures. Whether it was the wrong numbers or the wrong skillsets.. they usually mention Diaco (and Kelly) with regularity.

I certainly like him. He seems passionate and a bit fiery. But that is certainly something I've read out there a couple times now that is interesting.

And we blamed KOK for all our problems. Fans are silly.

No thanks. Connecticut was 2-10 and lost to then 0-11 SMU the final game. They have never been worse.

In Ferentz's first season with Iowa, they went 1-10. The programs worst record since 1973. Bad seasons and 1st year coaches go hand & hand.

Saw the program too. Love the part where he said "Hopefully my Hawkeyes" when answering a question about which team people will be talking about the most after bowl season. (Somebody downvoted that? Douchenozzle.)

Last edited:
Whenever I read over on the SBNation blog, it always seems as though the ND Fandom over there blames Bobby Diaco for a lot of their recruiting failures. Whether it was the wrong numbers or the wrong skillsets.. they usually mention Diaco (and Kelly) with regularity.I certainly like him. He seems passionate and a bit fiery. But that is certainly something I've read out there a couple times now that is interesting.
Notre Dame has a lot of issues with their football program. Recruiting is not one of them. People complaining about ND recruiting are idiots. Case closed. End of story.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other on Diaco, yet. But what was kfootball overall record in his first HC gig at Maine? What was kfootballs first season like at Iowa? Diaco has been at UConn 1 season.

Diaco has the look, and he has promise. It's not hard to visualize him as KFz's replacement.

I'd love to see him win 9 and 10 with UCONN the next two years and take over for Kirk, but he's just not there yet. He needs to have a "wow" season, or two. Too young and unproven.