Bob Diaco: From mad scientist to nation's best assistant football coach

HawkeyeHypnosis

Bob Diaco: From mad scientist to nation's best assistant football coach

From article:

"I'm just a frustrated ex-player," Diaco said in August, 2010 as he entered his first season as Notre Dame's defensive coordinator. "Like Pavlov's dogs. I walk through the gate and I salivate."

What?

"You get habitized from when you are a kid---I can remember my dad when I was 8-years-old, pounding into my head the ideologies of defense," Diaco said. "And making me repeat them to him---on demand."

I didn't realize Bobby Elliott was the secondary coach at ND. I knew Kerry Cooks was there. You could put together one helluva coaching staff of former Iowa players

Diaco has the 'fire'...KF has the big checkbook.

U of I football desperately needs the 'fire'

I'm tired this butthurt dog and pony show with KF and company, are you?

Yep. His mere appearance shaves two tenths off of 40 times. James Morris would be 2x the player of Teo if Diaco was in IC.

This post doesn't make any sense, of course Diaco won't make them faster but he will implement different schemes, formations as well of getting players in better position to make plays. That is the difference between coaches, who can do better with what they have.

Using your logic here, so if Diaco was at Iowa, the defense would perform the same and if Phil Parker were at ND the defense would perform the same as well? Yeah, ok!

This post doesn't make any sense, of course Diaco won't make them faster but he will implement different schemes, formations as well of getting players in better position to make plays. That is the difference between coaches, who can do better with what they have.

Using your logic here, so if Diaco was at Iowa, the defense would perform the same and if Phil Parker were at ND the defense would perform the same as well? Yeah, ok!

You're right. If Diaco was here, suddenly our safeties would cease to be slow guys with no field awareness, the defensive line would collapse the pocket AND play contain simultaneously and our linebackers would suddenly know how to cover and learn how to tackle. Diaco would have taken this group and made them on par with the 2003, 2004 and 2009 defensive units because the only difference between Gaglione and Clayborn or Bob Sanders and Sleeper/Miller is a coach who knows how to tell them how to get into the right position. I really hadn't thought of that. Hell, I bet if Diaco was coaching the defense at Illinois they would have won 10 games. Yep, the players don't matter at all. Screw it, I say we get Bill Cowher.

You're right. If Diaco was here, suddenly our safeties would cease to be slow guys with no field awareness, the defensive line would collapse the pocket AND play contain simultaneously and our linebackers would suddenly know how to cover and learn how to tackle. Diaco would have taken this group and made them on par with the 2003, 2004 and 2009 defensive units because the only difference between Gaglione and Clayborn or Bob Sanders and Sleeper/Miller is a coach who knows how to tell them how to get into the right position. I really hadn't thought of that. Hell, I bet if Diaco was coaching the defense at Illinois they would have won 10 games. Yep, the players don't matter at all. Screw it, I say we get Bill Cowher.

It's called coaching for a reason, based on your logic though regardless of who the coach is the players will play bad, they can't be taught anything and can't be used in different formations, schemes and blitzes to throw off the opposing offense.

Yeah, I'm following you, that makes sense.

I want a coach with his passion and understands todays players and the game of college football from a sales point of view. Kids love this from their coach. They want to play for a guy like this. One more year of below .500 I would be more than pleased to have him as Head Coach.

I want a coach with his passion and understands todays players and the game of college football from a sales point of view. Kids love this from their coach. They want to play for a guy like this. One more year of below .500 I would be more than pleased to have him as Head Coach.
Did you notice that Boston college passed on him after interviewing him? The selling of the program to anyone outsIde of recruits won't happen with Bob in charge.

This post doesn't make any sense...

[and it was at this point OK4P knew the hook was set... he clapped his litigious hands with glee, asked his assistant to hold all calls, and prepared to pull HARD with his next post...]

Latest posts