Bo Pelini was out-coached and out-classed today

tweeterhawk

In spades.

I have been critical of Kirk Ferentz and some of the things he does or doesn't do during games and his seeming inability to pull in 4- and 5-star recruits. But he never embarrasses himself or the university that employs him, he and his wife contribute a lot to the community and the university, and when all's said and done he's a pretty good coach who managed to restore his program from a difficult season a year ago.

I, for one, am glad that Kirk Ferentz is Iowa's coach.

In spades.

I have been critical of Kirk Ferentz and some of the things he does or doesn't do during games and his seeming inability to pull in 4- and 5-star recruits. But he never embarrasses himself or the university that employs him, he and his wife contribute a lot to the community and the university, and when all's said and done he's a pretty good coach who managed to restore his program from a difficult season a year ago.

Well said. I would digress that almost no one could get 4-5* players here, without going on a serious run of wins. Even after '02-'04 with great classes(on paper)...still weren't getting more than a few 4* and a sporatic 5*.

In spades.

Bo Pelini after Iowa loss: 'If they want to fire me, go ahead' - SBNation.com

Kenny Bell with quote of the year: "I would play for Bo Pelini against Satan himself and a team of demons at the gates of the underworld."
— Robin Washut (@RobinWashut) November 29, 2013

Kirk = Satan? :)

Have we had a 5* here? Honest question, I really don't think we have....fair amount of 4's, but I cant think of a 5 ever...

Was Larson out of Atlantic,IA or something? I honestly don't think any of those were 5's, I THINK they were 4's....

I found one page that wouldn't open up that mentions Larson as a 5, but nowhere else can I find for sure. The others were listed as 4s

No, they were 4. I did find those...I honestly don't think we've had a legit 5* here, maybe in the Hayden era, but not the Ferentz....

Bo Pelini after Iowa loss: 'If they want to fire me, go ahead' - SBNation.com

Kenny Bell with quote of the year: "I would play for Bo Pelini against Satan himself and a team of demons at the gates of the underworld."
— Robin Washut (@RobinWashut) November 29, 2013

Kirk = Satan? :)

Well played sir.

That said, I didn't think he would be around if they lost today. With all the injuries and the fact it isn't 20 years ago, most would think that doing that is a bit excessive. Plus, who do they get is going to be better.

That said, comments like that will not help him at all. It will make it so much easier to do so.

No, they were 4. I did find those...I honestly don't think we've had a legit 5* here, maybe in the Hayden era, but not the Ferentz....

doering and williams were both 5 star according to rivals (doering only 5 star in that '05 class per rivals). source: just looked it up on rivals. not sure about larsen, but i think 5.

Well played sir.

That said, I didn't think he would be around if they lost today. With all the injuries and the fact it isn't 20 years ago, most would think that doing that is a bit excessive. Plus, who do they get is going to be better.

That said, comments like that will not help him at all. It will make it so much easier to do so.

This won't help either.

[video=youtube;geclH2psSZw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geclH2psSZw[/video]

Latest posts