Bleacher Report's "5 Teams the Big Ten Should Pursue"

In a highly hypothetical scenario that involved the Big Ten phoning ISU tomorrow and inviting them on board, how long would it take for them to accept? Would the question even be finished before tears of joy were flowing? Would they do the hard to get thing and say they needed some time to think about it? Would they *69 and see if it was really the Big Ten calling?

You have to fit in with the Big 10 culturally, as much as you do athletically.

Mizzou, Notre Dame and maybe KU do fit in. I have trouble finding a fourth, and I think KU is a big stretch.

If it is all about TV, Notre Dame is all you need. Find three more schools that fit in.

Or, do nothing. I like that option too.

You have to fit in with the Big 10 culturally, as much as you do athletically.

Mizzou, Notre Dame and maybe KU do fit in. I have trouble finding a fourth, and I think KU is a big stretch.

If it is all about TV, Notre Dame is all you need. Find three more schools that fit in.

Or, do nothing. I like that option too.

As do I. I can see the B1G not doing anything until the ABC/ESPN deal is up in I think 2015 and see how the whole super conference format is working. As the new kid on the block in the B1G, I love the leadership in this stable, stable league. Nebraska was a perfect fit for both parties and IMO, the B1G isn't going to expand just for the sake of expanding when they don't have to.

As much respect as I have for Bleacher Report, their journalistic integrity, and their impressive investigative tradition, I'm afraid that I am going to have to question this report. It just feels a little... oh, what word do I want here... idiotic. Let's just list off any list of schools that are close by. How about Ball State, Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Drake, and UNI? Seems just as reasonable - and they would at least be unique instead of just re-posting someone else's view...

Note: Listed schools are more from a geographic perspective than in terms of competition.
In other words: a 5th grader with a road map couldve done the same article.
If you have to add a disclaimer to your "reporting" there is probably something wrong.

I like how when talking about Kansas, his reason for thinking they could also go to the Big Ten is because HE also listed ISU and the situations are similar.

So..... they are on the list because of something he already said, therefore it makes sense.

The Bleacher Report is amusing to say the least...

High School kids filling bad essays with as many words as possible think the slideshow and blurb format is weak.

Missouri is also south of Iowa and West of Illinois, two states with teams in the Big Ten already. The only decision would be which division to put Missouri into. It could have a rivalry with Iowa in the Legends Divisions, or it could have a rivalry with Illinois in the Leaders Division. The Missouri Tiegers could travel across the Mississippi River by train to get to Champaign Illinois to play the Fightin Illini. Or they could take a bus to Iowa City to play the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Latest posts