BLEACHER REPORT: Iowa Football Needs to Start Thinking About Replacements for Kirk

Sooby

LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1757420-iowa-football-needs-to-start-thinking-about-replacements-for-kirk-ferentz

Losing to a team fresh off an Orange Bowl appearance usually isn't seen as a panic moment, yet as Iowa watched a 36-yard field goal sail through the uprights to send it to a 30-27 defeat at the hands of Northern Illinois on Saturday afternoon, that's exactly what should be going on in Iowa City.

No, not because it just lost to a MAC opponent or any other holier-than-thou statement about the Big Ten in general. Rather, it is because what took place on the field should have reminded a lot of people of exactly what has doomed Iowa over the past few seasons—inexcusable mistakes at the most inopportune of times.

(Apologies if this has been posted, already)

Re: BLEACHER REPORT: Iowa Football Needs to Start Thinking About Replacements for Kir

It appears to be written by someone who obviously doesn't know much about Iowa Football or the Iowa Athletic Department. Some of the things he said are way out in left field.

Re: BLEACHER REPORT: Iowa Football Needs to Start Thinking About Replacements for Kir

LINK: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1757420-iowa-football-needs-to-start-thinking-about-replacements-for-kirk-ferentz

Losing to a team fresh off an Orange Bowl appearance usually isn't seen as a panic moment, yet as Iowa watched a 36-yard field goal sail through the uprights to send it to a 30-27 defeat at the hands of Northern Illinois on Saturday afternoon, that's exactly what should be going on in Iowa City.

No, not because it just lost to a MAC opponent or any other holier-than-thou statement about the Big Ten in general. Rather, it is because what took place on the field should have reminded a lot of people of exactly what has doomed Iowa over the past few seasons—inexcusable mistakes at the most inopportune of times.

Didn't read the article. But I'd say this line captures it pretty well.

(Apologies if this has been posted, already)

Bleacher report? Isn't that for guys too stupid to comment here?

There should be a rule against linking to BR. I have my issues with Kirk but even I wouldn't back up an argument by relying on Bleacher Report.

So the pattern of coaching incompetence and seven game losing streak can be forgiven and/or ignored because Bleacher Report stinks?

So the pattern of coaching incompetence and seven game losing streak can be forgiven and/or ignored because Bleacher Report stinks?

Not at all, I beat the drums for Kirk's removal as much as anybody. But, BR consists of poorly written articles by amateur writers. There is more competence and thought put into a post on HN than there is on a BR article.

welcome to modern America. If you don't like the opinion...personally attack the speaker.

Not at all, I beat the drums for Kirk's removal as much as anybody. But, BR consists of poorly written articles by amateur writers. There is more competence and thought put into a post on HN than there is on a BR article.

Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh on a Wednesday morning, I needed it.

That pretty well sums it up, yes.

There should be a rule against linking to BR. I have my issues with Kirk but even I wouldn't back up an argument by relying on Bleacher Report.
Where did anyone take issue with the writer's opinion? I wouldn't read an article published by North Korean propaganda, and I wouldn't read a Bleacher Report article, because in both cases, I know they're just figments of some madman's imagination.

Welcome to modern America, where you can use any random, illegitimate source to reinforce your beliefs.

You're going to be eating crow when that 7 game losing streak ends on Saturday.

GO HAWKS

I'll gladly eat all the crow you can serve. Sick of the losing streak!

They are now the sports wing of CNN.com, so they are better (insert CNN sucks joke here). They may still be hikeskool bloggers (which is really all we are here, with a mix of moran 40 year old wannabe bloggers as well), but they are hikeskool bloggers owned by a huge media conglomerate.

Bleacher report isn't what it once was, nor is Kurt.

You're going to be eating crow when that 7 game losing streak ends on Saturday.

GO HAWKS

Beating a FCS team to end that streak will be about as gratifying as beating the Iowa City West JV Football team.

That pretty well sums it up, yes.

FESS UP!!!! You all have read articles on BR.

They might have a lot of crap but some of the articles make an entertaining read.

You mean the 7 game losing streak against FBS opponents?

Where did anyone take issue with the writer's opinion? I wouldn't read an article published by North Korean propaganda, and I wouldn't read a Bleacher Report article, because in both cases, I know they're just figments of some madman's imagination.

Welcome to modern America, where you can use any random, illegitimate source to reinforce your beliefs.

This could well be one of the best, to the point posts I have read in a long time...thank you! (Just to clarify, NO sarcasm here.)

I'm sure the powers that be a greatly appreciative that the Bleacher Report guy has advised them on a personnel matter. BTW, if anyone thinks GB does not have a list of potential replacements for KF on hand, you are pretty naïve. That is NOT to say that he has any big plan to use it in the near future, but all AD's always have that list ready to go.

I was at that Indiana game in 2006, and I thought the writer summed up my feelings that day, and the rest of the season.

The soonest Kirk would be forced out, is at the end of the 2014 season.
He'll have a returning QB and a soft schedule, although we had the same thing in 2012.

Latest posts