Blaming the Referees

Officiating was horrible throughout the game.
The last minute of the game was self-inflicted wounds.

I think this is the template most Iowa fans are going with.

Is such a Cyclown thing to do. Be better than that.

Clowns make more FTs than Iowa attempts (23-36 to 14-21). Total fouls: Clowns 20, Hawks 27. And at no point was Iowa trying to foul to get the ball back.

Nine point advantage there; what'd the Clowns win by?

See any problem here?

Clowns make more FTs than Iowa attempts (23-36 to 14-21). Total fouls: Clowns 20, Hawks 27. And at no point was Iowa trying to foul to get the ball back.

Nine point advantage there; what'd the Clowns win by?

See any problem here?

But you also played physical defense instead of let's see if the wide open guy will miss a wide open layup this time.

Thought the discrepancy could have been higher as ISU was not playing defense.

Is such a Cyclown thing to do. Be better than that.

So, so true. One of my best friends is an ISU fan, he actual admitted it tonight that typically they are the ones complaining about the refs. I felt like there were many make up calls, Iowa just didn't capitalize when they had the chance, actually many chances.

My problem was how awful some of the calls were. A few times when they showed a replay, there was absolutely no contact. I think Gesell went for a steal on an Ejim break, and he was whistled. The ref called the foul in anticipation of contact, but Mike didn't get close to him.

I didn't get a chance to watch any of the game. Just looking at the box score and this sticks out to me.

Iowa shot the ball 69 times and went to the line 21 times.
ISU shot the ball 59 times and went to the line 36 times.

10 less shot attempts and 15 more free throws.

Again, didn't watch 1 second of the game, but that just seems like an odd stat.
Only way this makes sense is if they called a lot of touch fouls on Iowa and ISU was in the bonus for the entire game.

I didn't get a chance to watch any of the game. Just looking at the box score and this sticks out to me.

Only way this makes sense is if they called a lot of touch fouls on Iowa and ISU was in the bonus for the entire game.

That pretty much sums it up. I don't blame the refs but they called a ton of touch fouls. Foul is a foul, just got to adjust to the refs like a pitcher in baseball does for the home plate umpire.

Ejim was allowed to push off to create space when the ball was thrown in his direction and Niang freely drove using his shoulder and non- dribbling elbow into Iowa defenders chests and nothing was called. Yet several times Iowa players barely made contact, if at all (Gesell play above) and were whistled for the foul.

Glad I didn't get a chance to watch then. Would be frustrating.
Rather lose early in the non-conference than late in conference season.

We'll see who is still playing the 2nd week of March...Iowa or ISU :)

ISU was in the double bonus in both halves before the 8:00 min mark...Iowa didn't get into the bonus until under 4 mins in either half. That said, Iowa still blew this one all by themselves...Uthoff is the guy that should be shooting FT's at the end of games. My only real frustration about the refs was it seemed like every time Iowa would start to push a lead...3 fouls. Not the refs fault Iowa lost, Gesell and Marble didn't close out...we've seen this before.

Serious question. Do you expect every game to have an equal amount of fouls on both teams?

Unless one team is having to foul to try to get the ball back, fouls should more or less even out over the course of 40 minutes. Won't be exactly even but should be close. Not like that. The floor seemed tipped one way last night looking at those numbers don't you think?

Hilton Magic my ***.

I hope Iowa gets another shot at you in the tournament. The better team did not win last night.

While I do not blame the refs for the loss, I find it terribly ironic that ISU fans lecture another fan base about NOT blaming the refs. I mean seriously go to CF, and they still count the Kansas loss as a win, and they feel the same about the Ohio St. game.

If the FT shooting stats were reversed, ISU fans burn Hilton to the ground last night. I will not accept a freaking lecture from that fan base when all they do is cry about officiating/refing. Especially when most Hawk fans are blaming their own players choking, not the refs.

Maybe it's because fouls were called on Iowa, sending ISU to the line before they had the chance to shoot and FG. Just a thought.

This is all nice and dandy but I hope you realize that if a player is fouled and misses the shot then that doesnt count as a field goal attempt.

Good God people, its one frickin OOC game. Its not like this is the MSU loss last year in the B1G tourney.

Get a grip or get a life. Some of you act like your life sucks now because Iowa lost to ISU.

Latest posts