BLAME/EMBARRASSING/STUPIDITY

I just think there is a fine line between "aggressive" and "sticking up for your team" and totally losing control and going off on the ref....officiating was awful but on his last T when he got ejected Fran was at the free throw line yelling at the ref....

From what it looked like on the feed it seemed that Fran was already ejected before walking out that far. I could be wrong.

1hawkeye1 - there's a simple fix to your problem. Quit reading anything posted here you frickin moron. There's not a bigger hawkeye fan on this site than myself. You have your opinions...I happen to have mine. You might be surprised a few of my "opinions" just might be backed up by fact. If you wanna attempt to throw somebody under the bus, do yourself a huge favor and have a clue what you are talking about my friend. GO HAWKEYES!

I found it very embarrassing. We finally play somewhat consistent bball and the coach pisses it away. Fran's a dork.

The refs were pretty much hosing Iowa over BIG time tonight no if's and's or BUTT's about it. If a coach sits there and does nothing it is going to happen in more and more games. At some point the refs need to be held accountable, but since they seem not to be it is up to the coach to inform them how much the STINK! I have no problems with what Fran did last night at all, the refs were a JOKE period.

your the dork
Fran didn't toss a chair across the gym like Bob Knight did
the T's come at a paticular time in a game
it is ussually never a good time to get one
but this the 1st time in my almost 60 years of watching BB at all levels that i have seen the HC and the AC get T'D up at the same time and then a player get another T in less than 20 seconds
this was the worst officiating i have ever witnessed
hell i even came close to getting thrown from a HS game as a fan in the stands
i have had experience with coaching
these official were the quickest with whistles i have seen and were clearly Biased against Iowa
they went out of their way to end up calling that many T's

Unfortunately, I didn't see the first half, which seems to be the best portion of this game. From the opening of the 2nd half, I had frustration in watching due the officials controlling everything. I liked watching Iowa play some defense, particularly Marble and shoot pretty well. The step back shot by Oglesby was sweet. As I listened to the commentators and not seeing 1st half stats, I was absolutely befuddled as to why Iowa was losing by 8 points. Then they showed the FT's and while watching it all made sense.
Iowa was shooting over 50% and losing, while UNI wasn't shooting that well, yeah they were hitting some three's, but not enough to be winning. It is demoralizing watching a team playing the best game I have seen in recent memory, but is losing...so what was the X-Factor? It goes without saying.
The initial T that Fran got was not a problem; the other two did hurt, however, whatever happened, the mindset of the team changed. The team started shooting the next decent look and couldn't make a shot. As sweet as Oglesby shot was on the step back; he looked like a freshman when he took the deep three after the 8 FT's. Instead of continuing to attack the basket, they settled for the same poor looks that they got when they have lost.
Until Iowa gets a full roster of talented players, this is going to happen, adversity does reveal how fragile the mental toughness of this team is. After everything went down and 3T's later, they were still down by just 10 points. Not an insurmountable lead, the only thing that I wish would have happened was Iowa take a timeout after the 8th FT. Bring everyone back down to Earth and get out of what just happened, even though there were all those breaks, there wasn't a break because actions were still taking place. I have no issues with the T's, there is no time for a good one, but how a team responds is what matters, Iowa responded like they were scared. When all that happnes, teams that just come back and play like nothing happened come out of the situation and come back, Iowa didn't. The refs were quite the spectacle after the T's calling everything on Iowa even more; I like how Iowa got FT's when the game was 20pts and essentially over. I actually thought Gatens was going to get a T after one of the rediculous fouls he was called for.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I didn't see the first half, which seems to be the best portion of this game. From the opening of the 2nd half, I had frustration in watching due the officials controlling everything. I liked watching Iowa play some defense, particularly Marble and shoot pretty well. The step back shot by Oglesby was sweet. As I listened to the commentators and not seeing 1st half stats, I was absolutely befuddled as to why Iowa was losing by 8 points. Then they showed the FT's and while watching it all made sense.
Iowa was shooting over 50% and losing, while UNI wasn't shooting that well, yeah they were hitting some three's, but not enough to be winning. It is demoralizing watching a team playing the best game I have seen in recent memory, but is losing...so what was the X-Factor? It goes without saying.
The initial T that Fran got was not a problem; the other two did hurt, however, whatever happened, the mindset of the team changed. The team started shooting the next decent look and couldn't make a shot. As sweet as Oglesby shot was on the step back; he looked like a freshman when he took the deep three after the 8 FT's. Instead of continuing to attack the basket, they settled for the same poor looks that they got when they have lost.
Until Iowa gets a full roster of talented players, this is going to happen, adversity does reveal how fragile the mental toughness of this team is. After everything went down and 3T's later, they were still down by just 8 points. Not an insurmountable lead, the only thing that I wish would have happened was Iowa take a timeout after the 8th FT. Bring everyone back down to Earth and get out of what just happened, even though there were all those breaks, there wasn't a break because actions were still taking place. I have no issues with the T's, there is no time for a good one, but how a team responds is what matters, Iowa responded like they were scared. When all that happnes, teams that just come back and play like nothing happened come out of the situation and come back, Iowa didn't. The refs were quite the spectacle after the T's calling everything on Iowa even more; I like how Iowa got FT's when the game was 20pts and essentially over. I actually thought Gatens was going to get a T after one of the rediculous fouls he was called for.

UNI had 2 fouls in the 1st 15:43 of the 2nd half. I think that has to be a record. The refs called 5 fouls on UNI over the last 4:17 of the game. It's like they looked at the score board and realized how lopsided things were so they tried to make up for it. Unfortunately the game was already over and it didn't matter at that point.

2 fouls in nearly 16 minutes when it was a 2 pt game for 10 of those minutes. It's not like it was a blowout and refs were just letting them play. It is a really baffling statistic.

Latest posts