Blackout Unis

Average
Will never please everyone.
Typical when discussing fashions!
Big letters, little letters, black shoes, white shoes, no names, names, no swoosh, gold swoosh, helmets this that.
IA defense certainly did scare MN even in black unis!!

Average
Will never please everyone.
Typical when discussing fashions!
Big letters, little letters, black shoes, white shoes, no names, names, no swoosh, gold swoosh, helmets this that.
IA defense certainly did scare MN even in black unis!!

I thought they were ok. Had we won 51-0 we would all be singing the praises. They looked good but just didn't feel like my hawks. I could grow used to them but still live the traditional unis. As far as numbers I think the retro simple numbers like you see on Indiana helmets are cool for helmets. I'd say half the font size on the ones from last night.

I would've changed two things on these unis:

1. Metallic yellow helmet with a subtle feather pattern on it, black TigerHawk.

2. Smaller numerals on the jersey.

That's all. Overall, the unis were a 'B', but that's better than they might've been, for sure.

I'm not big on the "change the uni every week" game of college football. Keep the regular uniforms. A classic look.

I loved the helmets, liked the uniforms...as has been said, I would have gone with smaller numbers and I would have had IOWA in white just so it would stand out more.

The black shoes were new - regular shoes are white.

Well even more reason to put a gold swoosh on the shoe or just go all black shoe.

What I don't get is all the build up and this is the result??

Jerseys looked like they could have been former game jerseys from the 70's that they now practice in. Not a lot of imagination.

Could have been much better. But is it just me or do players look leaner/faster wearing black?

Daniels was running like a 4.3 on that last run.

Overall...good. Nice change up that isn't bad every now and then. However...the numbers were bad. They were massive and I believe the font used is called "clown balloon".

Latest posts