Black or Gold for AZ Saturday

tailgater371

So AZ is going to do a red out. What color are us hawk fans going to wear this weekend? It would be great to have a large amount sporting the same color.

Well I'm not going to the game, but I'm wearing my new combo: Gold "In Heaven There Is No Beer" t-shirt (my lucky shirt from last year), worn under my new DJK shirt (courtesy: Natty).

I would vote gold simply because black is going to be hot as blazes tailgating all afternoon. Plus the crowd will match the McDonalds advertising in the stadium!

I agree with gold. That is what I will be wearing. It think it will contrast better with the "red-out" or whatever the fans down there are calling it.

Well if it wasn't going to be hot as h#ll I would layer with both. As it is I think I am going gold as that is my usual game day t-shirt. Thanks for the input.

Don't wear gold..........all red AZ fans with Gold Iowa fans looks a little bit like that school we just beat Saturday.

Don't wear gold..........all red AZ fans with Gold Iowa fans looks a little bit like that school we just beat Saturday.

Coming here to say this same thing. Wear Black or it will look like an ISU home game. Complete with undersized, crappy stadium.

Last edited:
Coming here to say this same thing. Wear Black or it will look like an ISU home game. Complete with undersized, crappy stadium.

Why do we care what Arizona's stadium looks like? On TOS they are already organizing people to wear Gold so that the Iowa fans stand out and we can get a good picture of how many fans we brought.. black will simply blend in.

Will be there in Gold. Personally I like black better, but as someone stated above black will get bled out.

GOLD. If you wear black you'll sink into the redout and it'll just look more full. If you wear GOLD you'll stand out and make their stadium look ketchup and mustard. Better that way than just ketchup (or ketchup and pepper).

I don't think that anyone watching the game will think it is an ISU home game, at least not on the national level. I started wearing gold a few years ago because I wanted to stand out like a lot of other big time programs. As Hawk fans we have had a bad habbit of wearing what ever Iowa attire we had be it gray, green white or what ever. Which is tottaly fine any given day of the week. On game days though I wish we as a fan base would have a cosistent color to reallyl stand out during games.

Latest posts