Black and Gold Spirit Day

amully030

Here's my rendering of what the Black and Gold Spirit game will look like at Kinnick on Oct 2nd. Thoughts on the concept of black and gold sections?

I think coordination would be difficult. Unless shirts were given out. To make it easier you could do less sections. Each sideline split 1/2 black, 1/2 Gold, one endzone Black (the Black hole on the student side) and the other endzone Gold.

It would look amazing if this could be pulled off but I just don't see it happening. The only way for it to work would be to hand out the different colored t-shirts to each section, otherwise it would be too difficult. If you plan on scalping a ticket to the game you would need to have a shirt of each color?

Can you change this? I typically wear black to the games and the section we sit in is currently gold, I can't mess with my tradition/superstition.

Thanks! :eek::rolleyes:;)

No way it could happen. Thousands of fans pay no attention to anything leading up to the game. Hell, many couldn't name five players on the team. They just like to tell people they are "going to the Iowa game Saturday."

The handing out t-shirts thing is a good idea, but I still am not sure everyone would wear them, plus that would cost quite a bit.

A couple ways to make it work:

1. Like above, decrease the sections, either West Side Gold, East Side Black, etc..
2. Plan waaaaay in advance by stating on the ticket, "Wear Gold" or "Wear Black" depending on the section/side the ticket is on with a seperate note with the season tickets.
3. Hand out t-shirts. But is it really worth the expense? Remember last year when Edds comented about how Iowa isn't the team with the fancy jerseys or special nike bs?

You wouldn't need 100% cooperation for it to be effective, there is always the person who wears their green coat or sweater to the game. I doubt you could do it without giving notice when the tickets are delivered, its not as easy as telling everyone to wear black or gold.

A couple ways to make it work:

1. Like above, decrease the sections, either West Side Gold, East Side Black, etc..
2. Plan waaaaay in advance by stating on the ticket, "Wear Gold" or "Wear Black" depending on the section/side the ticket is on with a seperate note with the season tickets.
3. Hand out t-shirts. But is it really worth the expense? Remember last year when Edds comented about how Iowa isn't the team with the fancy jerseys or special nike bs?

You wouldn't need 100% cooperation for it to be effective, there is always the person who wears their green coat or sweater to the game. I doubt you could do it without giving notice when the tickets are delivered, its not as easy as telling everyone to wear black or gold.

I LOVE that the U of I did that on this year's season tickets!

Nice job amully030. Your mock up is better than the one I made a week ago or so, but here it is anyway:

black-and-gold-kinnick.jpg

This is from the post I wrote about the Black & Gold Spirit Day:

According to @LearHawks, the Black & Gold Spirit Day consist of a color scheme in which the student section and all even sections wear black and the odd sections wear gold. I'm not sure if this is one of those so crazy it might just work ideas, or just a crazy idea. I have a hard time believing that fans will be able to figure out what color they should wear, that is if they even get the memo about the spirit day and care enough to abide by its rules. I think it would be awesome if it worked, but unless they are handing out appropriately colored t-shirts in each section, I think this will be quite the let down.

How do this pull it off for the olympics and type of events that does something like this (not necessarily black and gold, but a 'theme') ?? The best thing to do is to just have the sections already be "tagged" with the appropriate color t-shirt--- for that specific game, each ticket holder pays an extra 10 bucks to cover the t-shirt and the shirt is already on the seat #.....

For a solid color shirt, no more, it would only be about $4 per shirt. Maybe less if you are buying 70k!

Here's my rendering of what the Black and Gold Spirit game will look like at Kinnick on Oct 2nd. Thoughts on the concept of black and gold sections?

We can't even get people to wear black on Blackout Saturday's. I love the idea but as a few others posted, no way this happens unless the university hands out Tshirts for each section and I just don't see them flipping the bill for something like that (unless, of course, they can land a sponsor). You would still have your "You can't tell me what to wear to a game" scrooges ... "If I want to wear my green Hawkeye sweatshirt then I am wearing it!" ... Those are the fans that make me laugh. They can just take part in something for the fun of it ... They have to stay true to their "I am ****** at the world anyway" attitude and debunk any fun ideas ...

Nice job amully030. Your mock up is better than the one I made a week ago or so, but here it is anyway:

black-and-gold-kinnick.jpg

This is from the post I wrote about the Black & Gold Spirit Day:

According to @LearHawks, the Black & Gold Spirit Day consist of a color scheme in which the student section and all even sections wear black and the odd sections wear gold. I'm not sure if this is one of those so crazy it might just work ideas, or just a crazy idea. I have a hard time believing that fans will be able to figure out what color they should wear, that is if they even get the memo about the spirit day and care enough to abide by its rules. I think it would be awesome if it worked, but unless they are handing out appropriately colored t-shirts in each section, I think this will be quite the let down.

That does look pretty sweet!

or just give each person a piece of thick paper with the specific color and do the wave with them would be cool

Maybe I'm the lone ranger here, but I don't think the black/gold striping looks particularly great. (those of you who've seen the Jack Trice project photos know what I mean).

For me...you can't beat GOLD. It's dynamic.

That would look great and something new Black out is no good makes stadium look dead. Gold is good but been done this is a great idea just pass out shirts or have them on the seats as fans come in.

For a solid color shirt, no more, it would only be about $4 per shirt. Maybe less if you are buying 70k!

70,000 t-shirts at even $3 is a $200,00 expense. I dont see any team pony up that kind of money just so you have each section in black or gold. The idea is good, but the execution will not be

Latest posts