Bison prediction thread

This game worries me. 11am kickoff, KF's saying all the right things but I expect to see a lethargic Iowa to start the game. Ndsu will show very different looks for sure and play hopped-up ball. I'm anticipating a boise-alabama type game. 31-24 type score, hopefully for the Hawks.

I think we win easily but the Bison will score some points(more than we'd like) 44-27

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Iowa State could have put up at least 10 to 14 more points on us if it weren't for their fumbles. I think we are about to play a much better offensive team than ISU.

I like your optimism ! Of course you are right, but they will still probably get some points they shouldnt' have. Sticking with 38-10

ndsu 27 iowa 23.

ndsu will choke the clock, theyll bore you, lull you into a deep sleep then pound the rock, maybe a misdirection. theyre fans will be pumped up & players will be amped up & im not quite sure iowa will care as much

ndsu 27 iowa 23.

ndsu will choke the clock, theyll bore you, lull you into a deep sleep then pound the rock, maybe a misdirection. theyre fans will be pumped up & players will be amped up & im not quite sure iowa will care as much
Iowa will be amped! We cannot lose this game and expect to be in the hunt for the PO's. A lose to ndsu wouldn't hurt our chances for the West title but it would kill the PO's. Remember Iowa never gets any respect so the guys will be very serious about this game.

well you better hope so, lots of fbs team line up vs NDSU with thier studs from chicago or florida or wherever & think to themselves oh yea north dakota state yea right

well you better hope so, lots of fbs team line up vs NDSU with thier studs from chicago or florida or wherever & think to themselves oh yea north dakota state yea right
Let me pat you on the back for you're huge accomplishments. Beating 5 fbs teams. Now just how many years did it take? You've heard it time and time again ( you only play 1 fbs team you should try a whole season and lets see how that works for you) Congrats! Now you're about to step up and play a team that won 10 fbs games in one year. Good luck and enjoy the game. :)

By "lots" you mean 5 times over about 100 games or 5% of the time?

In those 5 wins da BIzzzzzon actually beat 1 FBS team with a winning record.

2014 ISU 2 wins
2013 K State 8 wins
2012 Colorado St. 4 wins
2011 Minnesota 3 wins
2010 Kansas 3 wins

I gotta say that 2013 win over K State was impressive.....the rest not so much. Good for them that they managed to win those games, but lets slow the roll here that they actually played good competition in those games.

if ndsu played a full schedule we'd have 22 more full rides and be even better. Iowa Deputy AD Gene Taylor just said this on fargo radio. said with 22 rides, NDSU easily finishes 5-6th in overall big ten standings.

NDSU has beat 8 fbs teams and psst guess what, NDSU doesnt get bigger FBS games because they wont even schedule us (Wisconsin, Nebraska has refused to schedule us)

if ndsu played a full schedule we'd have 22 more full rides and be even better. Iowa Deputy AD Gene Taylor just said this on fargo radio. said with 22 rides, NDSU easily finishes 5-6th in overall big ten standings.

NDSU has beat 8 fbs teams and psst guess what, NDSU doesnt get bigger FBS games because they wont even schedule us (Wisconsin, Nebraska has refused to schedule us)

Just because you get 22 more rides doesn't make you that much better, you can still only put 11 on the field at once. You are pretty much getting the cream of the crop in recruits AFTER the FBS schools take what they want. Granted it's obviously good enough to compete with some FBS schools but doesn't suddenly turn you into a top FBS contender. No offense but NDSU wouldn't win many recruiting battles outside the northern midwest as a FBS school.

Having said that I do agree that NDSU probably finishes in the middle of the pack in the Big Ten. I do think you guys will be the toughest team we've faced so far this season, I know that's not saying much but our first 2 opponents were FBS schools.

You would have to be A LOT better to finish 5th or 6th in the B1G. Beating 1 terrible FBS team a year doesn't make you a middle of the pack B1G team. Rutgers just crushed Howard, does that mean they are top 5 or 6 in the B1G?

Comical. You got lots of hypotheticals there, bud.. Unfortunately for you, the game is played on the field,

I can see NDSU winning the game if the Hawks are not focused. If the Hawks play focused, they will win.

This is actually an argument as to why Iowa should win easily. As you pointed out, NDSU has less depth than Iowa who plays a physical smash-mouth type of game (unlike Kansas, ISU and the other teams NDSU has beaten). Iowa has had quite a bit of success over the years running behind a massive line with big, physical backs who wear you out over the course of 4 quarters. It appears that NDSU plays a similar style of football, just at a lower level. The problem for NDSU though is that it'll be pretty warm tomorrow and with fewer bodies than Iowa, that doesn't bode well for them.

Not sure how this is a valid argument. While I have absolutely nothing against NDSU but there's a reason why Wisconsin and Nebby won't schedule you. They're busy scheduling LSU's and Oregon's. Again I have nothing but respect for FCS schools and a great deal of respect for the success of NDSU, but there's a reason upper tier programs won't schedule you and its the fact that despite your success a lot of programs don't see you as a big time player that are going to help them climb the polls or get them ready for conference play.

And nothing against what Gene Taylor said, but he also said it to a Fargo radio station. What did you really expect him to say.

Latest posts