Bison prediction thread

35 - 17 Hawkeyes. I don't think they've ever faced a B1G type defense and they aren't as good on offense as they were last season.

I'm predicting a lot of running this week as the Hawks will use their size advantage on offense to push NDSU around, and early TDs force the Bison's into playing catchup. If Iowa takes care of the ball and the clock this one should be over by the third quarter, with some late antics by NDSU to make the score closer than the action actually was.

I think we win easily but the Bison will score some points(more than we'd like) 44-27

I agree but see something more like 34-17, with one of their TDs coming late against the 2's/3's. I'd like to see our kicker get a couple fg tries from 35-45 yards.

Their QB can run very well and is smarter and more accurate than Lanning. That said, they will need to be able to run the ball to beat us, and I don't think they'll be as successful as they need to be. If we are even or ahead on turnovers, I think we win by 2+ scores.

38-14.....after an early score by NDSU the Hawks say enough is enough and go on a 28 zip run.....f*ck I don't know.....sounds good, eh?

Close for a half (something like 13-7 or 17-10 at HT) but the Hawkeyes' wear them down in the trenches and pull away.

Hawkeyes 34
Bizon 13

If it's not 28-6 or more at half, I'll get off this site!!! Now some of you may be rooting for the Bison :)

Their defense is the best we've seen.

30-17
Yeah, their mighty defense held Charleston Southern (lol) to 17 points and followed it up by holding FCS powerhouse Eastern Washington to 450 yds. and 44 points!!! Lol....Their defense is NOT the best we've seen. They're a FCS school who has struggled to win their first 2 games and if we can't 'out perform' Eastern Washington, than maybe we should 'scale back' our expectations of this Hawk team........

Yeah, their mighty defense held Charleston Southern (lol) to 17 points and followed it up by holding FCS powerhouse Eastern Washington to 450 yds. and 44 points!!! Lol....Their defense is NOT the best we've seen. They're a FCS school who has struggled to win their first 2 games and if we can't 'out perform' Eastern Washington, than maybe we should 'scale back' our expectations of this Hawk team........
I might add both their wins took OT to get it done.

Their defense has been rather porous so far this year. I don't see Iowa hunkering down this year with all the tools it has. 49-20

Last edited:
This is not a great Bison team as in previous years but I think they come in and give the Hawkeyes everything they've got. It will be close in the first half but all Iowa in the 2nd half. My guess is 45-17 Iowa.

Iowa is going to score 40 points for the 3rd game in a row...4 games in a row after Rutgers.

Iowa wins 48-24

NDS has had consecutive emotional OT wins, the last against #11 FCS ranked and next week Valley opener against #3 FCS ranked ILL ST.

Iowa is not their super bowl. They have a super bowl and have won five consecutive. They have to survive for next week. Too much emotion in Iowa can they get enough emotion for ILL ST?

IOWA 45.NDS 16

We have played two teams ranked in the 100's. This Bison defense may not be what it has been the last 5 years and I am certain it is not going to be as good as defenses we will see. However, I am pretty certain it is better than either of the pathetic defenses we have seen so far.

We have played two teams ranked in the 100's. This Bison defense may not be what it has been the last 5 years and I am certain it is not going to be as good as defenses we will see. However, I am pretty certain it is better than either of the pathetic defenses we have seen so far.
I think we are going to make a lot of defenses look pathetic this year, including NDSU.....

Latest posts