Bird and salt thread also some bowl shenanigans

IowaHOCKS23

Hey it's me again lads,

1). What a good game today. We played not only a team that is filled with nfl superstars who probably cannot tie their own shoes, but also against NCAA and ESPN with their wistful love for the secHEAT. We lost by a touchdown that may have been determined by a muffed punt.

2). Take this with a grain of salt, but please trust me when I tell you this info comes from a VERY reliable person who's very name is mocked on this forum. KF has been leaned on to loosen up and play more exciting football. Word got around (and god as my witness, it was right here at HN that spread the word to this individual!) that beathard was considering transferring after this season. Ruddock came into this game with a short leash and if beathard stays, KF will be leaned on to start him next year, if the battle is between Ruddock and him. This wasn't a player I'm in class with, so these aren't feelings a kid gets.

3) I came close to instigating a few fights at the game today, the closest I came was when I mentioned to an LSU fan that sec has low academic standards.. Not sure why this rubbed him wrong but it was almost on like donkey kong! I was looking forward to using some of my new BJJ tricks on him, but cooler heads prevailed (the Iowa fan who walked me away)

4) I've seen a thread on here praising king. This kid is legit, and like I said in my last inside info thread, our D will be fine next year. We have a couple of games we should win to start off, to let our new linebackers mesh in.

5). I like Ruddock, I think he's a decent QB but today showed he's not a big game winning type QB. It's hard to put into words mainly because I'm not overly intelligent, but he just doesn't have "it". I think beathard showed it today though. The same it that stanzi and Tate had. Not quiet brad banks level it, but that could come with starter status next year.

Short version: expect some good stuff next year, baby!

He does not have "it" - he throws the ball too late, he does not have a strong arm and he's not as mobile as the other QB. The other guy does not have any of those two former issues either.

I love how when a team is inferior on the field, their fans resort to the old burned out cliché's about dumb Southerners and low academic standards. I can assure you that there as many dumbasses in Iowa as Louisiana. And if you want a taste of culture, come down to Baton rouge or New Orleans. Stereotypes are fun, but if you were cultured and educated, you would know better than to make blanket statements about entire regions of the country.

As far as your team, you should be proud.They played with grit and determination. But they still lost to a team with their most influential players on both sides of the ball out for the game. And as far as the refs, don't get me started

Not sure exactly how you could extrapolate that I'm saying everyone in Louisiana is stupid from what I said? Probably just smarter than me.

Are you denying the academic difference between the sec and most other conferences?

Hey it's me again lads,

1). What a good game today. We played not only a team that is filled with nfl superstars who probably cannot tie their own shoes, but also against NCAA and ESPN with their wistful love for the secHEAT. We lost by a touchdown that may have been determined by a muffed punt.

2). Take this with a grain of salt, but please trust me when I tell you this info comes from a VERY reliable person who's very name is mocked on this forum. KF has been leaned on to loosen up and play more exciting football. Word got around (and god as my witness, it was right here at HN that spread the word to this individual!) that beathard was considering transferring after this season. Ruddock came into this game with a short leash and if beathard stays, KF will be leaned on to start him next year, if the battle is between Ruddock and him. This wasn't a player I'm in class with, so these aren't feelings a kid gets.

3) I came close to instigating a few fights at the game today, the closest I came was when I mentioned to an LSU fan that sec has low academic standards.. Not sure why this rubbed him wrong but it was almost on like donkey kong! I was looking forward to using some of my new BJJ tricks on him, but cooler heads prevailed (the Iowa fan who walked me away)

4) I've seen a thread on here praising king. This kid is legit, and like I said in my last inside info thread, our D will be fine next year. We have a couple of games we should win to start off, to let our new linebackers mesh in.

5). I like Ruddock, I think he's a decent QB but today showed he's not a big game winning type QB. It's hard to put into words mainly because I'm not overly intelligent, but he just doesn't have "it". I think beathard showed it today though. The same it that stanzi and Tate had. Not quiet brad banks level it, but that could come with starter status next year.

Short version: expect some good stuff next year, baby!
starting fights and looking to use bjj. You are that guy.

I know that Les Miles is consistently in the top 3 in graduation rate for his players, Vandy always being #1 obviously. I know that you are making assumptions on the academia of young men, based on their "dancing", antics, admitted swagger and likely race. Yes, I will admit our players were a little more flagrant than yours, but that's the difference in our cultures. Doesn't mean one is superior than the other. But during the Fall, and for 60 minutes on most of these Saturdays, Im not watching a spelling bee or a science fair. Im watching football. And if you want to blame your teams inept performance on them being too smart, or the mean SEC cheating to get recruits, or refs, or fake injuries or Obama, sounds like a bunch of excuses from a sore loser.

I know that Les Miles is consistently in the top 3 in graduation rate for his players, Vandy always being #1 obviously. I know that you are making assumptions on the academia of young men, based on their "dancing", antics, admitted swagger and likely race. Yes, I will admit our players were a little more flagrant than yours, but that's the difference in our cultures. Doesn't mean one is superior than the other. But during the Fall, and for 60 minutes on most of these Saturdays, Im not watching a spelling bee or a science fair. Im watching football. And if you want to blame your teams inept performance on them being too smart, or the mean SEC cheating to get recruits, or refs, or fake injuries or Obama, sounds like a bunch of excuses from a sore loser.
Can't lie your rb has a pretty icky pair of crimes on his résumé.

Yeah he caught a ******* from a 14 year old when he was a 17 year old senior.. oh and he punched a guy in a bar fight... Sounds like a dude to me.

from elsewhere...

it was a post game interview question (was on the radio)
CHISHAWK wrote:
tbonehawkeye wrote: CJ just said he is not interested in transferring​
Ok the context of this was? Question from a reporter or what? the kid needs to be the starter, period...​
[h=4][/h]

Dear DeafValley: It's a statistical fact that the Deep South has the lowest literacy rates in the Nation. Iowa has one of the highest. Period.

Last edited:
Interesting thread OP, will keep a watch.....would like to see CJ have a full shot at starter next year.

the LSU fan: I'm sorry but there are more intelligent people in the city of Ames than the whole of Louisiana. And one heck of a lot less welfare recipients looking for others to bail them out aka New Orleans.

To Billso: True, morons can be found everywhere. My point was that there is a much higher percentage of said morons in the Deep South (also mid-South) than in Iowa, as your link shows. Thanks for that.

I love how when a team is inferior on the field, their fans resort to the old burned out cliché's about dumb Southerners and low academic standards. I can assure you that there as many dumbasses in Iowa as Louisiana. And if you want a taste of culture, come down to Baton rouge or New Orleans. Stereotypes are fun, but if you were cultured and educated, you would know better than to make blanket statements about entire regions of the country.

As far as your team, you should be proud.They played with grit and determination. But they still lost to a team with their most influential players on both sides of the ball out for the game. And as far as the refs, don't get me started

The OP is an idiot, I think we can all agree on that. But why are you still here? One would think the post game celebrations on LSU boards would be more entertaining than bickering with Iowa fans.

Yeah he caught a ******* from a 14 year old when he was a 17 year old senior.. oh and he punched a guy in a bar fight... Sounds like a dude to me.

Sounds like a typical day for a Southern gentleman. It would have been dead on if the 14 year old was his cousin.

Latest posts