Binns and Clayborn on Lombardi watch list.

Ballard will benefit from the Clayborn focus as well. He is a beast, and getting bigger too. He's going to have a great year.

Um, based on the fact that KF said he could have easily been Co-MVP of the Orange Bowl and the fact that KF and Norm have singled him out as the second best D-lineman this off-season.

They have said they expect Binns to continue to improve. Haven't said anything really about Ballard, but have consistently praised Klug as a leader of the team. In fact, KF said his play compares favorably to King.

You guys do realize that Klug is our second best D-Lineman, right?
All 4 have the potential to be our second best. Klug wasn't the 2nd best last year and likely won't be again this year. He's still very good, but the others are better.

Um, based on the fact that KF said he could have easily been Co-MVP of the Orange Bowl and the fact that KF and Norm have singled him out as the second best D-lineman this off-season.

They have said they expect Binns to continue to improve. Haven't said anything really about Ballard, but have consistently praised Klug as a leader of the team. In fact, KF said his play compares favorably to King.

I don't think anyone on here was downplaying Klug's impact at all. They are all 4 studs in my book and I didn't make the list, just showing it to Hawkeyenation.

All 4 have the potential to be our second best. Klug wasn't the 2nd best last year and likely won't be again this year. He's still very good, but the others are better.

That is not what our coaches said last year, and also Klug was honorable mention by coaches and media in the Big Ten, neither Ballard nor Binns can say the same thing.

You are free to your opinion. I am just going by what our coaches(including KF and Norm), the coaches from the rest of the Big Ten, and the media are saying.

Also, Klug had more total tackles, TFL's, and forced fumbles than the other two.

But hey, who cares about numbers?

Last edited:
If I had to rate them:

1. AC
2. KK
3. CB
4. BB

But I think 2,3 & 4 are close and would start for every team in the league

With the amount of double teaming that Clayborn is going to get, it makes sense that the guy on the other end of the line gets the nod. If anyone is going to benefit from the extra attention teams give Adrian, it'll be Binns.

Could also say Klug could benefit - hard to double team two guys that are next to each other.

Prediction: Binns will knock down a crazy # of passes in the next 2 years. I think he can dunk a basketball without jumping. :)

Latest posts