Bill O'Brien has the killer instinct

uihawk82

Penn St coming out to start the second half throwing a 42 yard bomb inside the iowa 5 is really sticking a fork into your opponent.

I dont think Kirk has this in him, I think KF is maybe too nice a guy and a 4 point victory is good enough.

But boy O'brien just gave notice to the big 10 that penn st is still a force. obrien might be able to get enough players and a few walkons who just want to play there to be pretty tough even with 85 scholarships.

I hope in the next 5 games KF has the chance to go for the jugular to put a game away and he does it.

Kirk is a dope. I hope kirk keeps getting pounded like that if he not going to act as if he is awake during the games.

The hole is going to get deeper. Keep diggin kirk.

I bang my head against my desk all the time at work and nothing useful ever falls out. Maybe Kirk can learn from my behavior and change up his scheme, but we all know he won’t. He has no sense of urgency to win, only to not lose. The program is dive bombing into mediocrity.

As long as KF is at Iowa no one can use Iowa and killer instinct in the same sentence. Change is needed now!

I sort of admired the approach that O'Brien had last night. The bomb, the going for it on 4th down. I imagined that the attempt to score quickly was intended to put more distance between Iowa and them and break the hawks' back so that he could get on with playing more guys sooner rather than later.

He plays to win.

Definitely gets the TE's involved as well. McGloin has to be the most improved player as well, he doesn't look anything like the player he was the last couple of years.

As long as KF is at Iowa no one can use Iowa and killer instinct in the same sentence. Change is needed now!
Kirk has ALWAYS been the biggest wimp in college football. No kahunas, ever. Watch any game over last 13 years---4th and a foot at the opponents 38--will punt into the end zone every time, no matter the score, time left in game, etc. Let's not forget, O'Brien went for it ON HIS OWN 35 Yard line, up by 31 or 38!!! Could have given us an opportunity to come back. Did he care? NO!!! He went for jugular. MOST IMPORTANTLY, it sends a message to your offense that he trusts you AND sends a message to the defense, saying you trust them to make a stop, even if the offense doesn't convert. Love it. WIsh we had a coach like this.