Biggest Surprise of 2010 Football team

I think CJ "Moped Man" is going to be huge to our O, but that is kind of easy so I will go with this..........Jordan Cotton will make at least 4 big game TD catches and 1 one will be McNutt-ish (like at MSU).

Trent Mossbrucker wins the kicking job, and makes 1st team All-Big Ten after going 18-20 on the season.

Who do you think will be the biggest "good" surprise for our team this year?

I think that it will end up being Iowa's pass blocking. I think that folks will go into the season believing that Iowa's inexperienced OL will end up being a big exploitable weakness. However, I can't help but feel that the OL will give up remarkably few sacks. Mind you, that does not imply that we'll be dominant on the ground ... however, I believe that it will give our ariel assault some serious fangs. And, with such weaponry, I think that it will permit the Hawk O to be balanced ... and that is when our O is most dangerous.

Jordan Cotton will make at least 4 big game TD catches and 1 one will be McNutt-ish (like at MSU).

Double edged sword here...

Edge #1 - This would be great if Jordan could develop into this sort of player and deliver these results as a RS Frosh.

Edge #2 - For him to make those catches it means our WR corps looks like a MASH unit with all the talent in front of him...

DJK
McNutt
Davis
Sandeman
Chaney Jr

As for my answer...I'll stay in the same vein as Homer, but I'm going to go with run blocking. This isn't as much my thoughts, though, as much as it is wishful thinking...our offense will be SO much better if we can run the ball early and often. So much of our passing game is based on play action and having an effective running game to hold the LB's and Safeties is critical to the success of those pass plays.

Would CJF making an impact in the offense really be that big of a surprise? Physically from what it sounds like he is as ready as anyone.

How good the O-line is, and how early in the season it's obvious that they are that good.

Latest posts